Author Topic: HQ #2 a problem for anyone else?  (Read 531 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
HQ #2 a problem for anyone else?
« on: May 31, 2005, 10:49:13 AM »
Is anyone else having trouble with the HQ for country 2 not showing up in the game clipboard when doing a new project from scratch?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 11:40:59 AM »
The short answer is "no."  I have had problems in the past but it was caused by not having Zones 1, 2, and 3 in different countries.  I think it was you who had a step-by-step and it look right to me.

Double check that HQs are set as Group Master and assigned to correct country and zones – Country 1, Zone 1; Country 2, Zone 2; and Country 3, Zone 3.  
Use Settings/Fields Setup to make sure that each zone has a field.  
Under the Objects tab, run the Obj Report and see if there are any errors detected.

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 01:23:00 PM »
Easy I did some test and I found a way to reproduce your problem,
 First I created all 3 HQs 3 large fields & 3 towns, defined them all as groupmasters and everything was as it should be. Then I moved the nit HQ to a position where it was closer to the bish field than the nit field and sure enough although it was there on the terrain it was not shown on the clipboard map.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 05:14:57 PM by zmeg »

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 04:57:04 PM »
Originally posted by zmeg
Easy I did some test and I found a way to reproduce your problem,
 First I created all 3 HQs 3 large fields & 3 towns, defined them all as groupmasters and everything was as it should be. Then I moved the nit HQ to a position where it was closer to the bish field than the nit field and sure enough although it was there on the terrain it was not shown on the clipboard map.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 12:17:23 AM »
Thanks zmeg.  Problems after moving the HQs around seems to be another aspect of it.  I can randomly get one or another to appear and disappear by moving the HQs but I hadn't notice any correlation with distance. I'll have to check it out by creating more land and separating them a bit to see if that fixes it.

btw folks, everything looks fine in the editor, it's not until you build it and move it into the game that problems show up.  It's similar to the hiccup you sometimes get when you place the first instance of road only I can't get it to recover.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 08:20:14 PM »
As a follow up, Zmeg was right, it's caused by distance.

This is useful for instances were a new guy might be using 1024 x 768 screen resolution, throws up 120 grass tiles (the maximum screen full at that resolution) and begins placing objects.

In every occurrence, no matter how I changed the order or object settings, the Knight HQ would not appear and the zones for Knights were not shown.  I believe the Knights were the one affected only because in my case, their objects were sandwiched between the Bish and Rooks.  It could have just as easily been missing Bish or Rook HQs if I'd placed them in the middle.

Simply start over, make 400-500 terrain tiles and then place your objects keeping in mind that if they are too close together things will go wrong.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 02:27:17 PM »
Distance effects a lot of things.  There are many things which when they get too close bizarre things will happen.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com