Author Topic: CT's OPEN: Setup - Time of Aces  (Read 2169 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
CT's OPEN: Setup - Time of Aces
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2005, 02:21:57 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
No hard feelings Humble.

No offense taken....

I'm not communicating all that clearly...but to a degree it's like trying to describe the color "blue" to a blind person. I understand where both you and shifty are coming from and its not my place to say if that is the "right" CT....but way back when when the "MA" was lucky to break 150 and topped out at 200 or so...you had 20-40 souls in the CT almost every night. Now 80% of those folks no longer fly AH at all....but for them the CT (at that time) was primarily about the fights...not the sides or "winning the map". It was pretty common to have two or three different "mini fights" going...so if 4 guys from 1 side were "capping" a base....you could roll with no problem. usually two of them would engage (sometimes more) once you were up and out...normally the "odd guy out" would wait...or auger and up making it a 2 on 3 instead of a 1 on 4. Obviously as numbers grew things evolved to a larger fight...but folks STAYED in the arena since they were having relatively fair challenging FUN fights.

Whats evolved since then is a different mentality. Yesterday was squad night for the AK's or I'd of popped in...but with only 5 or 6 people I tend to expect 4 or 5 "squad" guys vs 1 or 2 targets. Simply not appealing....

Personally I think the squads will need to self police. For example, create a couple of wings...less than X people in the arena fly split squad. Keep the people who log in

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2005, 04:52:08 PM »
Originally posted by humble
Personally I think the squads will need to self police. For example, create a couple of wings...less than X people in the arena fly split squad. Keep the people who log in

I agree with you there.:D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2005, 05:14:43 PM »
so if 4 guys from 1 side were "capping" a base....you could roll with no problem. usually two of them would engage (sometimes more) once you were up and out...normally the "odd guy out" would wait...or auger and up making it a 2 on 3 instead of a 1 on 4.

This is still generally true.

- oldman

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2005, 06:09:14 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
This is still generally true.

- oldman

Not any time I've been up (which admitedly isnt often anymore). Invariably its all of 1 side clumped togeather with 1 on the gaggle being the norm....but if I see more than 10 bodies up I'll stop on in...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2005, 06:33:58 PM »

Well, if we can get some numbers up, you wont have to worry about that. As I have said many times, my squad, The Gunfighters is a non-aligned squad who's only rule is that we switch sides to even things up. We might fly Axis all week, or allied all the next week, or we might switch back and forth hourly, whatever is needed. When we first started it was only Oldman and I it was hard to have a meaningful effect on the arena though I feel it was important to do it anyway. Now we have 13 guys, all quality sticks, and we can play a crucial role in keeping the arena even.

Most of us dont fly in the CT much, but we would if there were enough up. I would spend most of my time in the CT like I used to if it could reach critical mass.

I think if we can get a couple good Allied and Axis squads, and get most of the Gunfighters in there switching sides as needed, the aligned squads wont have to worry about policing themselves or having to fly on the opposite side.

Offline 68KO

• Gold Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2005, 07:40:37 PM »
Oringanily posted by Shifty
Whens your next setup 68KO?

Shifty the write up the past 2 weeks where mine. I have a fin russia one coming up next with German and finish against Russian.
~Sue~ Mrs68KO!
My hubby (68KO) founded The 68th Lightning Lancers. :)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2005, 09:35:19 PM »
Not bad tonight, once the numbers got 10+.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!