Author Topic: Richest Are Leaving Even the Rich Far Behind  (Read 2634 times)

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Richest Are Leaving Even the Rich Far Behind
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 08:11:21 PM »
How is this for logic:  Taxes should be paid by everyone for the common good, and no tax money shall be spent to improve the financial standing of ANY INDIVIDUAL, without services rendered.

For any government, that should be rule 1.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2005, 08:15:59 PM »
I'm a flat tax advocate. Everyone should pay a predetermined percentage. 10% sounds about right.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 08:25:05 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Gunslinger, weren't you one of the guys chuckling in grim satisfaction at those Laguna Beach rich people that got wiped out in the mud slide?

:confused:

actually I don't believe I commented on that on this board......I could be wrong.

but you are correct.  I did not feel sympothy for them because they are rich.  Then I thought about Karma and WWJD and then I felt bad for the what happened and sympothy ensued.  Then I thought about all those poor people in trailer parks that keep rebuilding after tornados.  Then I had another beer and thought well I hope they at least screw over their insurance company.  Then I had another beer.  Then I turned the news off and watched something else and havn't thought about it since.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2005, 08:25:45 PM »
You can't be generous and rich.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2005, 08:31:48 PM »
Flat tax is not a valid or fair option.  The fair thing to do is to eliminate all government payouts to invididuals without service rendered, followed by the immense tax reduction at all levels of government that would then be possible.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2005, 08:37:52 PM »
You can't be generous and rich.
====
I dunno...Gates has donated billions of dollars to needy causes.  That is being generous in my estimation.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2005, 08:38:35 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
I'm a flat tax advocate. Everyone should pay a predetermined percentage. 10% sounds about right.

15% is my thought...along with a national sales tax of about 5% on everything. I'm already in a higher tax bracket than these 2 add up to. No Deductions....Nothing. Just pay and go on.

Just a thought.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2005, 08:38:53 PM »
The Roman empire did pretty well off of the generosity of the rich, too, until the public teat became onerous.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2005, 08:40:30 PM »
If there is a 20% tax on a transaction, a large percentage of those transactions will become tax free via barter and private paper.  Dream on.

storch

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2005, 08:40:56 PM »
my wife told me today that the nation's safest drivers are in oregon and that my beloved Florida was rated 41.  I told her that it's because oregon is populated by hippies and liberal girly men.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2005, 08:53:15 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
If there is a 20% tax on a transaction, a large percentage of those transactions will become tax free via barter and private paper.  Dream on.

20% on all?  Noooo...not what I meant...At least didn't mean to if thats the way I cam across.

Person makes a million a year...15 percent is deducted from that for taxes. No more. No deductions for anything. No interest deducts. No Child tax. Marriage tax. Nothing. 15%.

Go buy a loaf of bread for a dollar...Pay 5 cents more. If state has a sales tax of say 8% than that state is up to 13 percent in sales tax. Move.

AT the end of the year....or april...whicever ya want to look at it.....I OWE Uncle sam nothing. Nadda Zilch 0.00.

And the people that have these "LoopHoles" lawyer ex[perts will save money by not paying them. PLUS they will pay their fair share.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2005, 08:54:24 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
actually I don't believe I commented on that on this board......I could be wrong.

but you are correct.  I did not feel sympothy for them because they are rich.  Then I thought about Karma and WWJD and then I felt bad for the what happened and sympothy ensued.  Then I thought about all those poor people in trailer parks that keep rebuilding after tornados.  Then I had another beer and thought well I hope they at least screw over their insurance company.  Then I had another beer.  Then I turned the news off and watched something else and havn't thought about it since.

LOL Think I'll have a beer too. :D

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2005, 09:03:40 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
15% is my thought...along with a national sales tax of about 5% on everything. I'm already in a higher tax bracket than these 2 add up to. No Deductions....Nothing. Just pay and go on.

Just a thought.

it costs canada more to collect its %7 GST than it brings in.

to a person making 20000 dollars a year 15% makes one helluva difference.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2005, 09:09:04 PM »
not loaded primarily on the lower income brackets

The bottom 60% of the US earners pay only  8% of all income tax collected annually.

How again is it loaded on the lower income brackets?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2005, 09:09:22 PM »
Redtop, your concept of "income" is sorely lacking.  I can make my income whatever it needs to be, with no impact upon my personal lifestyle.