Author Topic: When it rains it pours  (Read 518 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
When it rains it pours
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
Thanks Masherbrum :)

no idea.

whats the difference between pink and purple besides the color?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
When it rains it pours
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 03:07:30 PM »
The Grip :p

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
When it rains it pours
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2005, 03:27:38 PM »
still dont get it, but its been a long night :D

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
When it rains it pours
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2005, 10:53:30 PM »
Yeah, sounds more like a TIA (transient isthemic attack) than full blown stroke.  I had one about 20 years ago.  First time I knew I couldn't drive.  Right arm numb, leg kinda dragging, slurred speech, blurred vision.  

Had the wife drive me to emergency room.  By time I got there, it was over.  

Been on one aspirin a day ever since.  No recurrences.  Much later I attributed it to using a vibrator around the back of  my head and neck to relieve a stiff neck.  Duh, not a good idea.  Think I jarred a clot loose.  Just my guess.

Sure got my attention though.  Led me to try to relax more and smell the roses.  Like many people, I had my share of stress.  The TIA eventually became a wakeup call that I think has helped me to a better life.  Hope your father-in-law recovers fully.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
When it rains it pours
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2005, 12:43:49 AM »
Nilsen, my prayers go out to you and your's.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
When it rains it pours
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2005, 03:09:43 AM »
Thx Bodhi :)

Halo..

Same here, except he is still weak on his right side I think it was. Looks almost like he is limping abit and he does not have full use of is right arm. He will be sent down here to the local hospital sometime this week I have now heard.

From the reports I get he does enjoy all the attention the nurses are giving him and I dont doubt that for a second.

I have not seen him yet, but the missus gets back with more details today.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
When it rains it pours
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2005, 05:07:15 AM »
Originally posted by Halo
Much later I attributed it to using a vibrator around the back of  my head and neck to relieve a stiff neck.

Dude, I know this is a serious thread and all, but ahhhh... what can I see :D

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
When it rains it pours
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2005, 06:29:50 PM »
You never had a stiff neck or sore shoulder or sore arm and rubbed or massaged or applied heat or used a vibrator to ease the aching?  

Each of those remedies makes the ache feel better or go away.  And of course all, including vibrators can be used anywhere on the body.  

What I'm sayin, funny as some implications may be, is better watch out with any vibrator around neck and head because it's a real short path for a blood clot to the brain.  

And I'm serious when I say that ought to be a warning on all vibrators.  

That may or may not have been the cause of my TIA, but to me it is the most likely cause.  Haven't used a vibrator like that again and haven't had another TIA in some 20 years.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous