Author Topic: BattleField 2 DEMO IS OUT!!!!  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
BattleField 2 DEMO IS OUT!!!!
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2005, 04:20:58 PM »
Originally posted by Dnil
Game is fun but damn the chopperpotatos get old.

Helicopters are waaaay too tough.  Tanks are fairly easy to kill but anything in the air is a ***** for a grunt.  Only on certain maps is it out of control though.

In the demo map the problem was lack of players utilizing AA and going for other choppers in their chopper.
Rockets are good against choppers and always when I saw an enemy chopper, it was my first priority.
More often than not, they were ignoring me while I raped their ass.

Another tool which I found great to down choppers, was the FAV buggy's 14.5mm.
Just needs to hit with as many shots as possible and you'll do great damage before over heating.
It is also possible to kill the crew before the chopper.

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2005, 06:24:46 PM »
Thats what me and a buddy ending up doing last night, parked a couple buggys inside a sheltered area and let the choppers have it.  Had to tk a guy that tried to drive off with me in the buggy.

Something is messed up if the helicopters are tougher then the tanks.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2005, 08:10:10 PM »
Originally posted by Dnil
Had to tk a guy that tried to drive off with me in the buggy.

Something is messed up if the helicopters are tougher then the tanks.

TKng is way out of the line...  I never support TK regardless of the issue.
Leave TK's for the stunninghunks.

Once a guy TK'ed me for flying the chopper for "too long", as I was returning to the CV (I had flown it for two rounds straight, with the rounds being twice longer than the usual).
I saw one request to fly the chopper prior to my return and thought I could give it to someone else, but then this ahole shot me down on return - guess did I give it anymore?
When he finally got it, he just died, he just kept appearing back on the CV every minute.
Asked him whether he can even fly the choppers, for being such an stunninghunk, and he said hes very good at it :rolleyes:

However the choppers aren't tougher than the tanks; a tank usually takes 3 shots from a tank, but a chopper barely takes one.
After one shot it'll be down to red.
Although much harder to kill, but then again is worse at holding the ground and harder to do quick repairs.
Also needs two good crew men to operate.
If the pilot sucks, as it usually does, it is pretty useless... with a sucky gunner, it'll be mostly a rocket boat.

What I hate with the AA, is the missiles going astray..
There might be only one enemy fighter visible, who doesn't even drop flares when shot at, but the missiles misses just barely and suddenly you've hit a friendly vehicle.
A friendly vehicle you never even saw.
Happens too often...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 08:14:45 PM by Fishu »

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »
Man I had some fun today.

Kept getting an M1 Amrams and taking people out in droves. Using the terrian to hit other tanks and then backing up soo they cant shoot back...

I was anoyed though at the start of one game some guy kept getting in the tank, and driving it to the next base that was always being contested and leaving it to get in a fast attack, so of course to enemy players grab it and use the only US tank on the map agaist us.

lamer.

I hit a enemy chopper with a main gun round lol and it LIVED! NOW thats some BS, but the choppers are not as bad as in BFV.

Some eneny would get on the base too and snipe, but the chinese troops have a big disadvantage with the red berret some wear, I spotted him, ran around the back of a building and walked right up behind him and shot him in the head with the Shotgun.

Fun FUN stuff.

Tactical gamer has been full everytime I tried to get on so this is all Random server stuff.

NO leadership lol some guy was trying but could not figure out waypoints or something, I kept getting orders to go to base no wear near the action.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2005, 11:15:21 PM »
The worst is the spammers who fly the Su-34. I watched one guy for a few maps, all he did was fly the Su-34 and spam spawn points. So I grabbed the Blackhawk, flew over their base, bailed out, and found a nice hidey hole. Then I'd rocket him as soon as he jumped in the Su-34, no one else, just him, for 3 maps straight ;)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2005, 12:19:39 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
NO leadership lol some guy was trying but could not figure out waypoints or something, I kept getting orders to go to base no wear near the action.

and when theres leadership, some people just needs to put up a mutiny :D
Luckily it needs ridiculous amount of votes to succceed, although so does vote kick, which is never succesful :(

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2005, 01:36:52 AM »
what are the ranges on the sniper rifle? Cant be 100 per notch.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2005, 02:20:28 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
what are the ranges on the sniper rifle? Cant be 100 per notch.

Forget the notches, about useless, because you'll never need to raise as much.
In the Oman map, I shot enemies heads at the beach from the crane and I only had to raise the aim about two feets.