Author Topic: O'club  (Read 11010 times)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
O'club
« Reply #360 on: June 15, 2005, 03:41:25 PM »
I don't think it'll signal the immediate demise of HTC, not at all.  I DO think it'll be a blow to the community, though.  History has shown that the more active a community is, the better off the subject matter is.

Either way, there's hardly a magic bullet that'll solve everything.  HTC has a legit concern about maintaining what can be a time-sink (OC moderation), and at the same time, they wouldn't have created it in the first place if they didn't see the value of a venting room where people can be silly.

If the O'Club disapears, I suspect the signal/noise ratio in the rest of the board will get a little worse.  Nothing crazy, but just something to be aware of.  You'll have a lot more off-topic stuff leaking into General and whatnot.  That might not be a bad thing, but it'll definately be a real thing.

Again, I sincerely hope that a solution can be found that'll bring this vibrant community back to life, but if it can't, I hope that the posts are made available for at least a little bit so I can archive some of the things that I valued deeply, like my learning to fly thread, the help I got during the Tsunami aftermath, congrats for the birth of my kids, advice for business, and more.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline XrightyX

• Copper Member
O'club
« Reply #361 on: June 15, 2005, 04:06:29 PM »
Originally posted by Habu

Once a game and its BBS stops attracting new people around the community is in decline. And once in decline it begins to die.

You need an off topic forum or the other forums get wrecked with discussions that have nothing to do with the forum's topic.

I did not join AH for the O'club or the BBs in general.

However, I do agree that we need a forum where all the malcontents :) can go.  Just look at the number of locked threads in the Gen. Forum in the past few days.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
O'club
« Reply #362 on: June 15, 2005, 04:08:13 PM »
Guys I hate to say this, but if HTC feels that they cannot keep the O'Club on the boards then I think everyone is better off letting it go and forming up at someplace like check6.  Is it the same?  I doubt it, but then again I havent been there yet.  But if the addition of some volunteers to help with the moderating isnt enough (and Pyro himself said it was only a small piece of the puzzle), then is anyone really going to be happy with whatever they COULD live with?  Given the outspoken nature of most of the folks I've seen in the O'Club over the last year or so, I doubt it.  Let them take it away, or let them reinstate it.  I'd kinda bet whatever rules they want to impose are already written down.  None of the folks at HTC seem to be lacking in the decision making department.  

I have some serious issues with it, but in the end its a private board and they have the right to do as they wish with it.  I'll express my problems with it in email and not here.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #363 on: June 15, 2005, 04:13:39 PM »
I wonder if this will run long enough to beat out the Voss thread in # of posts for a single thread.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #364 on: June 15, 2005, 04:15:49 PM »
WHats the Voss count # ?

I think this single thread has become the new O'Club.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #365 on: June 15, 2005, 04:24:01 PM »
Voss count was over 1k wasnt it?

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #366 on: June 15, 2005, 04:29:35 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Voss count was over 1k wasnt it?
2007 replies
HT got the last one before the lock

OMFG i have no life.

i just realised i know the exact post count of a thread from over a year ago. i can also tell you that the stripper thread was 780 some posts long, and my "song name game" was over 1200 posts.

heck i can remember what HT said in the last post either "lets" or "time to" close the door on this 2000 post monster

egad what have i become?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 04:31:40 PM by JB73 »
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
O'club
« Reply #367 on: June 15, 2005, 04:35:41 PM »
I didnt bother to read through this, because i really dont care :)

Id think the solution to o'c would be similar to the solution to ch1.
Make it a private forum.  Make an agreement/auto sign-up page to get access to it.  Give a list of rules to volenteer mods, and send it on its merry way.

Or just chuck it....Im not bothered either way.

Offline dirtbag

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
O'club
« Reply #368 on: June 15, 2005, 04:47:39 PM »
My last words on the subject then I'll go back to lurking.

Close it down permanently, this thread is proof that some people just don't get it, specifically you Lazs.

You are abrasive and insulting, (as usual) you color the truth, (lie) and are so busy playing internet "tough guy" that you can't see your own faults and culpability in the O'Clubs closing.

To compare Toads eloquence and intelligence to yours is insulting to him.

Your misogynistic posts alone should be enough to either get you banned or at least warned but for some reason they allow it.

weazel out.  (for good this time)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
O'club
« Reply #369 on: June 15, 2005, 04:48:50 PM »