Author Topic: O'club  (Read 11068 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
O'club
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2005, 09:19:22 PM »
I agree with some of what Airhead is saying. I'll miss a lot of the people.

I often felt bad for Skuzzy though.....and I caused my share of headaches I'm sure. Too bad it has come to this though.

checksix.net will probably get a lot more action if the O'Club stays down.

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2005, 09:25:33 PM »
WOW, i thought i got banned for telling dirty jokes in the o'club. but i saw it coming with some people taking it way too far. it needed supermoderators like other bbs's
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
O'club
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2005, 09:33:42 PM »
Doctor, my eyes have seen the years
And the slow parade of fears without crying
Now I want to understand

I have done all that I could
To see the evil and the good without hiding
You must help me if you can

Doctor, my eyes
Tell me what is wrong
Was I unwise to leave them open for so long

Whether they allow it back or not, I just want to say thanks for those of you who made it interesting.  I wont say fun.  But interesting works.  

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2005, 09:55:11 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
I can remind at least two very similar cases when topics like O'club were  closed. And it always ended with subjects from that topics went to other topics. If you want to have O'club subjects in the main discussion the closing of O'club is the best way to do that.
[/b]

Originally posted by  GRUNHERZ  Lacking a dedicated outlet these threads will pop up in various forums regardless of HTC's warnings against it.
[/b]

I agree.

In fact, this is the exact reason the O'Club was started originally; there was way too much "non-game" discussion in General Discussion.

Will that happen again? Ummmmmmmmm.... use this very thread for your guide.  ;)

Whatever they decide; it was a great place. BBQ, dogs, guns, cars, illness, grieving, .... oh yeah... a bit of politics and religion ;).... it was LIFE. It was a great part of this community.

It was great!

to all the participants. I enjoyed the debates and there are guys I'll never forget as a result.

But it's HT's board and he's gotta do what he's gotta do.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2005, 09:55:25 PM »
I will mis the O'club quite a bit. I've met folks in this game as well as AH that are lifelong friends. That says something as I don't make close friends well at all. I have a few but they are very valued.

This forum gave me the oportunity to maintain contact with some folks who's opinions I valued and with whom I have had good contact with.

FWIW the idea about game participation kinda sounds good but remember, Airhead has (or had now) an active membership and look how he has acted in just this small thread.

HTC , Pyro and Skuzzy since you guys had the most time "moderating" this forum, thanks and I apologize if I have had a part in getting this clsed down. I respecfully ask that you reconsider it's existance.

For those who would like to manitain contact my email is valid from the forum. Please let me know. That includes Seagoon, Bodhi GTO and others. I was trying to meet folks from this BBS while I traveled around the country. I'd like to meet several more.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2005, 10:04:23 PM »
RIP O Club. Now, GTFO.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2005, 10:17:43 PM »
Without the community, AH is just another game.  O club = community.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
O'club
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2005, 10:22:56 PM »
Sure seems like a lot of the 'good riddance' people here are people who never posted there.  

Too bad, I gotta say, this was the best online community I've been part of.  I've laughed, cried, argued, and more over the past years, and it's been great.  Personally, I really value the kind words and assistance from y'all when my brother was killed in the Tsunami, but we didn't know it yet.  A lot of you helped my family a lot, and I really appreciated it.

Same thing for when I learned the fly.  I got some great advice that helped a lot with my lessons, and I'm convinced it helped make me a better pilot.

The birth of my children, my marriage to my beautiful wife, business advice for our fledgling restaurants...  it's been great.

I sure hope it comes back, but either way, I had a lot of great memories.  If it's gone forever, I think the Internet is going to lose something special.  As bad as things occasionally got, it's nothing compared to the wasteland that passes for conversation elsewhere.

I hope that it comes back, and I appreciate the time and effort that the fine folk at HTC put into maintaining it up to now and for even offering it in the first place.  You're all good folk, and I know that whatever you decide, it'll be in the best interest of keeping the game a good, classy environment with a good community.  Here's hoping that the O'Club is part of that future.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2005, 10:28:42 PM »
niether do i.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2005, 10:28:46 PM »
Ah the o'club will be back......................... ..

IN two weeks
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2005, 10:28:51 PM »
Wow.  I always gave and took some heavy debates and flames in the o'club.  I always assumed it was a goof, sort of like role playing.  88 and I went at it hard core some times but I did so for the spirit of the debate more than for the sake of disagreement. I can say this about a lot of folks... Oboe, MT, Dred,  and other "left wing nutjobs."  I misunderstood that it was really taken seriously, even when I was flame on.  I missed the Aruba thread though.. dunno what the to do is about.

I'll miss the Oclub and it's spirited tete-e-tete. It was fun reading others' points of view and then trading opinions/barbs.  I don't know any Nash's or Thrawns in RL.  The guys always gave me pause to consider the opposite political viewpoint, even though I disagreed w/ every fiber of my large being.
 I learned a lot there about what to do w/ my vette motor(thanks Virgil) and so many  other things.  Thanks to all those who helped me and educated me on so many subjects. Thanks to everyone who participated.

edit:  I would be insincere if I didn't exclude Gscholz from my "Thanks". I disliked the guy and felt he posted almost exclusively to insult and enrage.  I know this isn't PC, but it's honest.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 10:31:54 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2005, 10:32:04 PM »
Didn't post much in it but read a lot, will miss it.
Any bets on Channel 200 next?
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2005, 10:32:48 PM »
yep steve.

yep.

but you are wrong about gsholtz.

(its understandable as you are a post democratic neo fascist bullyboy)
:D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 10:39:18 PM by JB88 »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2005, 10:38:33 PM »
Well G, ya beat me soundly then. lol
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2005, 10:54:04 PM »
Originally posted by airbumba
Since this is the only computer game I've ever played online, I'm curious as to whether the other flightsims have an "o forum"?

Did WB , AW and them  allow the stuff that showed up in the "o club'? and what about the games today? Does WW2, Red Baron etc, have an "o forum" with the harsh stuff HTC allowed?
i know AGW had a forum for a while, but i thiink it got hacked or something, people were getting trojan horses, and viruses form going there, and they shut the whole board down.

i know WWIIOOL had an oclub type thing, remember alizee? there was a 100 page thread about here there.

if anything i think the other "boards" were either not company owned / run, and there was ALOT of stuff they "got away with" in them

thats just from what i witnessed in quick browsing there
I don't know what to put here yet.