Author Topic: No Ground Guns  (Read 477 times)

Offline Diamax

• Copper Member
No Ground Guns
« on: June 20, 2005, 12:09:35 PM »
Hello everybody!

Is is possible to buid a terrain where the airfields have no ground guns whatsoever? I mean no acks, aaa or whatever you call them.
And how would I go about doing that?

Thank You!
Diamax

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
No Ground Guns
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:15:09 PM »
It is possible, but you must built custom airfields (without acks) with the Object Editor and place them to your map with the Terrain Editor.
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Diamax

• Copper Member
No Ground Guns
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 01:26:29 PM »
Hi Kanttori!

I see, I was suspecting that there is a way, and was thinking about the Object Editor, but I thought it might be another way within TE.
Well I know nothing about OE, I tried something but I don't see my way around it.
Is there a tutorial on how to build custom airfields with OE, or could someone give me detailed explanations?

Thank You!
Diamax

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
No Ground Guns
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 02:21:10 PM »
You can download from here the HTC's default airfields (and towns, ports, cities etc.):

http://www.hitechcreations.com/hitech/tiles.zip

Open the airfields with the Object Editor and remove the acks from them. Then built the new airfields wit the OE and use them with the Terrain Editor! ;)

Offline Diamax

• Copper Member
No Ground Guns
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 02:43:10 PM »
Hey Kanttori THANK YOU!
Nice stuff! I now have OE open, and looking thru one of the airfields.
I see there all kind of guns, maybe I shouldn't say all kind actually. However there are more than one type, and I know myself that there are those acks that shoot automatically, so nobody has to actually manover them (no player), and there are those gun fileds that a player can hop into and start manouvering so to shoot down the other players.
My question which ones are which, because I want to remove only the automated ones, I don't want to remove the gun fields that people can hop into and use.

I see there items such as "Soft Battery", and "Gun". Now which ones are automated ones, and which ones are those that can be manouvered by people and don't shoot by themselves?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 02:45:38 PM by Diamax »
Diamax

Offline Diamax

• Copper Member
No Ground Guns
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 02:56:48 PM »
I think I got it!
Soft guns are the ones that can be manouvered and shoot only when there are players using them, and Guns are the ones so called acks that shoot automatically when they have enemy in their range, right?
Diamax

Offline Diamax

• Copper Member
No Ground Guns
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 03:04:47 PM »
Where do I have to place my custom tile (field), to be able to see it in TE and use it?

Thank You!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 03:43:02 PM by Diamax »
Diamax

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
No Ground Guns
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 04:02:59 PM »
At first you must build your new airfield's tile to "shape" in the Object Editor: "File/Build". Rename your new airfields: for example HTC's defauld "mafld0" (Medium airfield) to "mafld1"

After building you find the new custom "mafld1" airfield in the "HTC/ah2editor/userlib" folder. Copy it to the "HTC/ah2editor/ahiiterr/mymap/texsrc" folder.

You must have with the Terrain Editor a "mymap"  (or what ever name your map have) folder and inside it a "texsrc" folder to where you put all your custom objects and textures.

And yes, Soft Guns are those "mannable" acks! ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 04:08:18 PM by kanttori »

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
No Ground Guns
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 04:12:40 PM »
Here is the link to my Squad's Files Page's "Target and Airfield's maps":

http://www.llv32.org/tiedostot/AH2_kohdekartat.pdf

From that PDF-file you can see all the stuff in the airfields, V-fields, ports and towns.

Offline Diamax

• Copper Member
No Ground Guns
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 04:34:31 PM »
THANK YOU Kanttori!!

I got it all working now.
Good info, and explanations!
Diamax