Author Topic: can not get in SEA for KOTH  (Read 893 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
can not get in SEA for KOTH
« on: June 18, 2005, 08:03:12 PM »
everytime I click on the SEA it downloads frac3.res once it down loads it boots me back to the screen to click to go online or to go to H2H or to go offline

all other arenas work ok for me
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 10:28:23 PM »
just to follow up, Skychimp emailed me his frac3.res file for the terrain and it let me go right into the  SE arena first try!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 12:07:07 AM »
sounds like you had a screwed up terrain file, or possibly had it checked to READ ONLY.

Sorry you missed a GREAT koth.  Make it this friday 4pm eastern for EKOTH if you can.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 01:50:16 AM »
CONSPIRACY!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 02:25:32 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
CONSPIRACY!

Yep it is, that is 3 straight KOTHS I missed in a row!!!

I busted me arse to get done working yesterday to be home in time to fly KOTH, and I could not log on!!!

CONSPIRACY I tell ya, they must of had my handle locked out, so I could not enter :D

nah just kidding, really the aut update/auto download file of frac3.res must have been corrupt, It downloaded 5 times straight, I even dumped cache/pre cache files, dumped the existing frac3.res file and redownloaded and everytime it did the same thing and booted me back to start/log on screen. SkyChimp's file he emailed me let me go right in no glitch first try!
so it is not on my end, it is on the auto download end. I was not the only one having the same problem, and I am surprised noone else has posted about it! there was a # of others getting the same problem last night, I gave up after almost 2 hrs of trying to get in the damn Arena.

I will prob miss next Friday as well, 3pm/4pm is to early and I can not get off of work in time!. oh well, will try for next motnh US KOTH provided the same crap don't happen again!

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 03:34:59 PM »
muahaha, my chead coad worked!

ofcourse i had to finish it quick before TC fix it :D

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 11:50:09 PM »
LoL Flyboy, congrats BTW. Also BuLLZ and Fuze, had a great time and despite a few getting upset I really liked the new set up. And even though it was fast b/c Flyboy PWN3D everybody, with the alt cap and extend limit, it seemed to speed up time in between fights which in the past could seem long and boring.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 08:55:30 PM »
I think TC got skeered & needed a scape-goat...:lol

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 10:45:58 PM »
Originally posted by BigMax
I think TC got skeered & needed a scape-goat...:lol

It's On, Like Donkey Kong!  you ready to Cowboy up Big Max? :D

I got ya SKEERED  rightcheer, come and get it...hehe

Flyboy had it right, he used some hexxercoading to block my deadly assault:cool:

I told em at work I need to get off at 3pm so I could attend an appointment previously scheduled. So I should be here tomorrow for the E-KOTH!!!!  so you people with the powers, please don't lock me out this time..ROFL

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2005, 09:33:31 PM »
Electrical storm got me again...

UR lucky!!! ;)

Congrats Flyboy!