Author Topic: land of the dead  (Read 332 times)

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
land of the dead
« on: June 26, 2005, 01:42:39 AM »
anyone watch land of the dead yet? eeeeeeeek..saw it today..story flat out blew i thought..low budget of cource..but some of the blood and gross effects were ok..and a few funny parts..but i think it was half the movie dawn of the dead was...didnt make me happy..i thought it was going to be twice the show as dawn

they were defending a rich city..and all they had was a special hokey 18 wheeler RV super future machine{what ever it was}..and useless gatling guns out the front..few cheezy mounted mg's..and it was the last defence of this city...hehe ya right...i was ateast expecting some real fire power in this movie..like tanks and real army stuff..not some hokey night rider truck..lol.i think george romaro messed up on this one
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 01:49:47 AM by hyena426 »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
land of the dead
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 09:14:34 AM »
Is it any surprise that a poster here named Hyena is fascinated by movies about the dead........ :p  :D
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
land of the dead
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 09:21:01 AM »
This is what happens when all the womanly democrats get what they want for gun control...  city was lucky to scrape up that much firepower.  

Looking forward to seeing the movie.

lazs

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
land of the dead
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 09:38:48 AM »
This movie does to zombies what hollywood did to Pee Wee Herman's story at the end of his big adventure...

One good line in the movie is when John Leguzamo's partner offers to shoot him in the head after he gets bit by a zombie.  Leguzamo says, "Naaah.  I always wanted to see how the other half lives."  :D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 09:43:37 AM by Gunthr »
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
land of the dead
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 01:47:28 PM »
ya...that was a good line:) and dennis hoppers line...zombies always give me the creeps..lol

This is what happens when all the womanly democrats get what they want for gun control... city was lucky to scrape up that much firepower.
funny.. well...all the big firepower they stuck on a station wagon..like the 50 cal mounted on it...comon..a station wagon?..lol..that 50 cal would of done much better mounted in some kinda city defence im sure...i enjoyed some of the good gory head shots...but i think the show was half the movie of dawn of the dead remake

Is it any surprise that a poster here named Hyena is fascinated by movies about the dead
ohh ya..love them..i got day of the dead..dawn of the dead..evil dead..evil dead 2..night of the living dead..shawn of the dead..return of the living dead and many more horror movies on dvd:)..but i do own alot of comedy's too..lol

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
land of the dead
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »
I've been looking for shawn of the dead but can't seem to find it available for rent. sigh
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
land of the dead
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 02:15:28 PM »
shawn of the dead was better than land of the dead thats for sure..hehehe you can get shawn of the dead at best buy<~~aka worst buy,,,hehe for like 14 bucks i think...its worth watching if you enjoy zombie shows..very funny show:)..i mite pop it in tonight to get the bad taste of land of the dead out of my mouth.hehe..i guess i was execting too much after dawn of the dead remake..i figured it would be just as good:(