Author Topic: Midway  (Read 902 times)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Midway
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 02:01:45 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor01

I dont know that this can be done? If it were possible I think HTC might have used it with the "Swamp" tile.
I took Squirrel's coral texture from AH1, made it 512x512 and split it up into 4 parts for terr0001, terr0101, terr0201 and terr0301. Then I went and manually made each tile go in order 0, 1, 2, 3.

If you accept the water texture around your islands, you can use the alpha for fully functional water. You can also change the default water texture to match your own liking.

If you use a "***_a.bmp" alpha file for your islands, you can make the alpha border fade from land to water and make some shallow looking non-functional waters at the coastlines.

One more thing I noticed... You have gaps between tiles. There were some earlier instructions about not to touch the mile edges with objects. I have tried with many objects and there has been nothing wrong with touching the edges.. not even going over them.. as long as the defined objects center does not touch the mile edge.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Midway
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2005, 06:32:17 PM »
I thought so Blauk.  Nice suggestions there.

I like Raptors' coral showing just below the surface of the water.  You just shouldn't be able to land on it.:)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Midway
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2005, 09:35:59 PM »
Originally posted by BlauK
If you accept the water texture around your islands, you can use the alpha for fully functional water. You can also change the default water texture to match your own liking.

If you use a "***_a.bmp" alpha file for your islands, you can make the alpha border fade from land to water and make some shallow looking non-functional waters at the coastlines.

One more thing I noticed... You have gaps between tiles. There were some earlier instructions about not to touch the mile edges with objects. I have tried with many objects and there has been nothing wrong with touching the edges.. not even going over them.. as long as the defined objects center does not touch the mile edge.

How could I make the grass tile function as water? What would be the alpha file?

I used an alpha bmp to make the edges of the island seem to be a coastline, on Eastern Island it was a little more abrubt though but I thought it looked good cause there wasnt much coral between it and the ocean.

I was in a h2h game earlier today where someone had not centered an airfield, and part of the runway was on another tile. The runway was cut off and invisible past the gridline on the other tile.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Midway
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 02:33:15 AM »
Uhh.. I did not realize that you did not have a water tile under that island, but had instead edited some basic TE tiles.

If you make the islands as objects (like the airbases are made) and plave them on water, then you can use the alpha for water areas and fades on the coast lines.

The objects I have had crossing the mile lines are bridges. This invisible case occurs easily with flat co-planar objects (like terrain tiles and airbase bases, etc.)

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
Midway
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 01:35:03 AM »
looks great, cant wait to see it in the CT or SEA

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Midway
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 11:35:35 AM »
Wont go ct or sea =(