Author Topic: CIA failure?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
CIA failure?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2001, 11:49:00 AM »
I am not a vilent person and fear escallation if America retaliates.

BUT....

A clear message must be sent to all terrorists.  And it must have a great big bellybutton exclamation point at the end of that messge!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
CIA failure?
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2001, 03:13:00 PM »
Tuomio,

The US didn't insigate this attack.

This was unprovoked.

There are BILLIONS going to the middle East because of oil. The amount of money is staggering. WTF are the leaders of those countries doing with it. I think it's THEIR responsiblity to eliminate poverty in THEIR country, not ours. The certainly have the ability, just not the will or concern.

As to why Finland hasn't been attacked. Perhaps you have to do something in order to be noticed. A stand has to be taken and a choice made to be in the front lines, not hanging back waiting for someone else to do it all. It's easy to not be a world player and do nothing.

Thinking that the difference in money is the root of these problems is overly simplistic. bin ladin is NOT a poor individual. He is a multi milloinare if not a billionare. Why is he not using his wealth to lessen poverty in his area of the world instead of preaching hate, religoious bigotry and plotting murder in the name of God?

It's real easy to blame money and the US for everything isn't it tuomo?  :rolleyes:

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
CIA failure?
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2001, 03:20:00 PM »
All,

Satelite imagery and airborne survielance were not the answer and cannot be the answer. This was a GROUND BASED infiltration into a large population center.

By definition a free society is a vulnerable one. Our people are able to travel for hundreds of miles in almost any direction without the need for identity papers or passports. They are free to live their lives, choose their livelyhood and worship how they please. They need NO permission to publish or speak. They can change careers, domiciles and vacation when / where they want.

In these circumstance without the need to continually prove your identity or the "need to be where you are" we will be vulnerable. It is a price of freedom. You can have a certain meansure of security or freedom. You cannot have both.

Until terrorism is blotted out or their acts made so expensive to the terrorists and their sponsors we will continue to be victims. How long this goes on is a matter of national will and choice.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
CIA failure?
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2001, 03:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick:

There are BILLIONS going to the middle East because of oil. The amount of money is staggering. WTF are the leaders of those countries doing with it. I think it's THEIR responsiblity to eliminate poverty in THEIR country, not ours.
Mav

Remember Shah ? How about the wonderful little Royal Families in Arab counties that we back up while preaching freedom/democracy to everyone else ?

US has a bad habit of betting on a wrong horse when it comes to rules in Asia. And it backfires sometimes...

Offline Peer

• Zinc Member
CIA failure?
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
About the Shah:

My girlfriend is from Iran. Her father, who was a highranking officer of the Imperial Iranian Army was killed during the revolution and she had to leave Iran and came to Germany.

If President Carter hasnīt allowed that the Shah of Iran - who was an extremely loyal ally of the USA - could be overthrown, we would have a stabilizing factor, like Turkey, in the region.

But the CIA considered Khomeini as a "second Ghandi, who shouldnt be stopped".

Today we see the consequences of this stupid classification.

On the other hand: Because of this development I met the most beautiful and intelligent woman of the world  ;)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
CIA failure?
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2001, 04:58:00 PM »
fd ski

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If we had it in future sight the world would be abetter place. BTW there are still billions of $ flowing in that direction and those people are still in poverty. I ask again, is that the fault of the US, those passengers on the planes, the people in the towers or the rescuers who died trying to help, or is it the problem of the country training terrorists?

I already posted in another thread about how alowing one person or small group to control the worlds economy would lead to a world dictatorship. That argumaent still stands.

Now to avoid power being centralized in a manner to negatively control the other nations of the world, what are you going to do? Please help the world and show how it should be done. I'm sure you could do it perfectly.  :rolleyes:

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown