Author Topic: P47N Perk Debate  (Read 5627 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2005, 03:14:43 PM »
Perk the P47N so not everyother P47 is a N, perk the La7 too so those LA5s get dusted off again.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2005, 03:19:49 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
Perk the P47N so not everyother P47 is a N, perk the La7 too so those LA5s get dusted off again.

the n will be more of a high alt plane. the d's will still get used for combat, and the d40 will still remain the jabo plane of choice. i see no reason at all to perk it. oh, and btw, ive started seeing loads of la5's. most people consider an la automatically to be a 7, but recently ive seen more 5's!!:eek:

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2005, 03:30:16 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
I really don't see why it would be perked.  According to HT, the only reason why planes are perked is that those planes unperked could possibly cause an unbalance in the game play.  I really don't see the P-47N meeting that criteria other than a few vocal whines to the contrary from certain players.

ack-ack

I agree with you I see no real reason to see it perked but the criteria you wrote can't be right in any way, I've heard HT say that aswell but take that into account and explain to me why the Ta152 is perked? The P47N may very well be a perk considering the much inferior (well probarly inferior) Ta152 is.

I would like to see both those planes as non perks but afraid that will never happen.

I will not start a whine if the N is not perked and the Ta152 is but I would consider it strange. (I would be happy though)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2005, 03:46:42 PM »
Poo:
"matey, u obviously havent read much have you. the 47 n is very quick, and has stats of a good perk ride, but we are trying to make sure that it ISNT perked. i personally dont want it to be, and dont think that it needs it. read the thread again. i started this post kind of for everyone to tell htc NOT to perk it. of course other people do want it perked, so its a discussion on what is suitable, not a damn whine, so until you understand whats going on, dont go making assumptions. this isnt like a 'i want the lala perked' its a i DONT want the 47 perked. it may have great stats, but its a hard plane to fly, and i dont think that many will fly it. they will as you say, go back to the 51's, nikis and spits, so i feel that perking it would be silly"

Whoa!  hold up bub. First off I DO fully understand, I was not "whining" about anything or wanted this to become a "whine"
You state: "I personally don't want it perked" and others feel otherwise. This is fine, I stated I DON"T CARE and don't see what differance it makes.  So until I fully understand?  understand what?  As if I can't grasp the concept of another "perk" plane or no "perk" plane. Furthermore, I'm not making assumptions on anything. I stated I feel it won't make any differance IMO.

You are always going to have the "Don't perk this ride" crowd and the "please HT for the love of God perk this plane" crowd.

"I started this post kind of for everyone to tell htc NOT to perk it. I added to the post stating I feel it won't make a diff.

"of course other people do want it perked" Imagine that!

"and i dont think that many will fly it. they will as you say, go back to the 51's, nikis and spits, so i feel that perking it would be silly" AND I'm making assumptions?
:rolleyes:

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2005, 04:05:11 PM »
lol what does it really mater?

You guys screaming bloody murder about perking this plane are forgetting that we dont even have the plane yet. You don't know how its going to effect the MA.

You can make predictions all you want (and that's all they'll ever be), but based on what? And in the end that's all they'll be... Just a guess, nothing more.

Until we actually have this plane we wont be able to determine if its in need of being perked.

Lastly, you guys should really worry more about playing the game and enjoying it for what it is rather than trying to change the face of Aces High or make decisions that are really only up to HT and Pyro.
Just my opinion of course.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2005, 04:08:28 PM »
I'm all for perking jugs - but only by means of squeezing the nipples. :aok

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2005, 04:22:16 PM »
Morph:
"Lastly, you guys should really worry more about playing the game and enjoying it for what it is rather than trying to change the face of Aces High or make decisions that are really only up to HT and Pyro"

Look out, you'll make sense, then we'll all be confused:lol

Offline Ted Strykker

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2005, 04:58:55 PM »
Look out, you'll make sense, then we'll all be confused

Wurd!:aok

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2005, 05:12:43 PM »
It should be perked. Afterall its the best prop plane ever made :aok

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2005, 05:25:30 PM »
maybe morph is right. HTC have made some great decisions over the years and its their choice anyway. they'll do the right thing:aok

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2005, 06:26:05 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Until we actually have this plane we wont be able to determine if its in need of being perked.

Exactly. Before we actually got the Ki84 there were all kinds of "its gonna have to be perked" talk, and look at it now, its hardly ever flown despite the fact thats its one of the best planes in the game if flown to its strengths.

Lets all just relax until we all get to try it out and then start the Perk Jihad.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2005, 08:22:35 PM »
"Perk Jihad"

:lol :rofl :lol :rofl :eek: :lol

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2005, 08:38:25 PM »
Ta152H-1: 470mph
P-47N: 467mph
Spitfire Mk XIV: 447mph.
F4U-4: 445mph

I bet it'll be perked.  Many things will out run a Ta152H-1 or Spitfire Mk XIV at low alt, yet they are perked.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2005, 01:58:56 AM »
It should be perked even if its just cause its the prettyest plane ever made!

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2005, 03:21:58 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Ta152H-1: 470mph
P-47N: 467mph
Spitfire Mk XIV: 447mph.
F4U-4: 445mph

I bet it'll be perked.  Many things will out run a Ta152H-1 or Spitfire Mk XIV at low alt, yet they are perked.

Thats what I was looking for, thanks.
My exact reason why it will be perked, I knew it was 450+mph.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory