Author Topic: Microsoft Flight Sim - To be changed?  (Read 561 times)

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Microsoft Flight Sim - To be changed?
« on: September 14, 2001, 12:17:00 PM »
I've lost the original article on MSNBC's site, but CNN's is still in place. MSNBC's site suggested the possibility that more than just the WTC would be removed...

WTC to be removed from MS FS

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2001, 12:24:00 PM »
- They are removing a section from the opening scene that has someone saying "Hey John, You almost crashed into the Empire State Building!"

- They are considering offering a patch that does not have the World Trade Center in it.

One is fixing a quote that may be considered in bad taste at thi particular time.  The other is actually making the map more accurate.

Don't read too much into it.  When they start refusing to make geographically accurate maps as a result of this... we'll know they've buckled.

AKDejaVu

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2001, 03:02:00 PM »
I doubt that the game had much to do with it. As far as navigating to the WTC is concerned it would be easy to plug in the coordinates into a handheld gps and follow the little arrow to the building area.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2001, 03:18:00 PM »
i feel kinda eerie now considering all the times i have purposely plowed a 747 at top speed into the sears tower, statue of liberty, transamerica bldg, wtc etc... yikes! flying thru the buildings for fun will never be the same again.