Author Topic: new aviation regs!  (Read 649 times)

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
new aviation regs!
« on: September 14, 2001, 03:14:00 PM »
they just said that from now on all private flying will be controlled by the faa. NO vfr flying! how long can that last.....  :eek:

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
new aviation regs!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2001, 03:23:00 PM »
Pretty typical. GA VFR flight had absolutely nothing to do with this but they are grounded.   :mad:

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

highflyer

new aviation regs!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2001, 03:32:00 PM »
Ouch.. so is everyone going to have to gain Higher certifications????

NO more VFR??? hmm.. I dont know.. Is that even possible?

I mean theres not even controlled airspace covered at ALL locations..

"this is november 2275 delta, requesting clearance to land on family Farm over.."

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
new aviation regs!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2001, 03:37:00 PM »
one of many restrictions caused by Tuesdays evil few...

I can't wait til I have to catch my next commercial flight, no curb side check in, no E ticketing, at least 2 hr check in b4 boarding domestic flights,    :mad:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline LaVa

• Zinc Member
new aviation regs!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2001, 03:59:00 PM »
Yep- "Due to extraordinary circumstances ALL VFR and IFR flights are grounded."

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
new aviation regs!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2001, 04:01:00 PM »
no kidding! i learned to fly at travis aero club and first solo'd at yolo field - both are uncontrolled fields. do you have to call up an en route controller somewhere to get permission to take off from the family farm? is so wow....

can you imagine how many people this will affect? having to stick to a strict flight plan and following a controlled route at 2 or 3,000ft - ?! i hope the newscasters were exagerrating.  :(

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
new aviation regs!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2001, 04:32:00 PM »
sounds like a typical knee-jerk reaction to me, something the buearacy can grab headlines with to say "HEY! we're doing something."

Can't last long, GA pilots will be up in arms quick.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
new aviation regs!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2001, 04:42:00 PM »
As of 1600 hrs Eastern today (FRI) partial restrictions on GA IFR flights are lifted. You can only file IFR from ground, no inflight filing OR closing. You cannot cancel or ammend IFR in the air you must do so from a phone on the ground. I imagine cell phones are not allowed for this as well if they are serious about tracking planes.

All VFR part 91 (private plane flights) are prohibited, period. AOPA web site (www.aopa.org) indicates that might change sometime this weekend. The ones who are the farthest from commercial ops are the most restricted.  :(

The Red Cross put out an appeal for pilots and planes to fly blood here locally and I can't help as I'm not IFR rated nor is my plane. I'd be perfectly willing to file a flight plan, (I do anyhow) and fly to the coast for them but I can't due to the restrictions. sigh,   :mad:

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown