Author Topic: My bet (no money involve)  (Read 311 times)

Offline IK3

• Copper Member
My bet (no money involve)
« on: July 07, 2005, 05:36:35 PM »
After P-47/51 renovation...

I bet that we're gonna get...

Bf-109G-14
Fw-190F-3 (earlier version of ground attack 190)
Spitfire LF Mk. VIII or LF Mk. IX
Spitfire LF Mk. XVI

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 11:48:44 PM »
TBD, Buffalo, Judy, Nell, B25, Mig, Sherman, KV, sub, Light CV, Jeep

~AoM~

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 12:53:48 AM »
Given that Pyro says the next planes to get updated will be the Me 109 and the Spitfire, those would be safe bets, however when the 190 got reworked recently, none were added. So, if we get a new Spitfire or a new Me 109, I'll be pleasantly surprised. And I'll be just as happy for the guys who like them as I was when the new P-38's arrived.

One must consider the number of models each of those planes already has available.

While there are more different U.S. fighter planes, the F4F series, the F6F series, the F4U series, the P-40 series, the P-38 series, the P-47 series, and the P-51 series, than there are different British, German, Italian, or Japanese planes, there are often more VERSIONS or MODELS of the FW 190, the Me 109, or the Spitfire, than there are versions or models of many of the U.S. planes. Only the F4U and now the P-47 have more than three. And we have how many different versions of the FW 190, the Me 109, and the Spitfire? Sure, not really enough, but about as many versions or models of those as we have versions or models of anything else.

Not by any stretch am I saying the U.S. planeset should be further developed at the expense of the others. Despite having only 3 versions of the P-38, I'm happy to have gotten two recently, and I would not be upset or complain if the FW 190, the Spitfire, or the Me 109 got one or model added to each when they are updated. I was only slightly surprised when the FW 190 was updated without a model being added, because we have several already. I'm not saying we have enough, or we have too many, just that we have several.

It simply is not reasonable to expect to have 3 or 4 more models of ANY plane added. Especially not when HTC has plainly stated they are focusing ALL of their efforts on TOD.

I doubt we'll see any truly new planes added until well after TOD is fully fleshed out for its first theatre of operation. If it turns out that the first installment of TOD is centered around the 8th AF vs the Luftwaffe (that's the only thing I've seen hinted at), then expect to see the FW and Me series expanded some, and also the P-38 and P-47 series expanded again as well. And expect other planes to be a lot slower in coming.

I'd guess that once the first "installment" of TOD is well on its way, THEN we'll possibly see new planes developed for the next "installment' of TOD. What theatre of operations that will be, who knows? HTC probably hasn't even gotten that far yet. Could be the Pacific, could be Russia, could be Sicily, could be north Africa, it could even be the channel for the Battle of Britain, or even 39-41 Europe.

Sure, it would be great to have a half dozen new planes from Japan, Italy, Germany, Russia, or any other country right away. But is everyone willing and able to pay $50+ a month so HTC can add 3-5 new staffers, and figure out how to manage it all? I don't have another $35 a month to spend. I doubt I'm alone.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe