Author Topic: All the hype, but there's one relatively silent...  (Read 563 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
All the hype, but there's one relatively silent...
« on: June 14, 2001, 08:00:00 AM »
Target korea, or targetware in general.

Seem to be working quietly in the background, and going about it seriously.

Looking forward to this sim.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2001, 08:11:00 AM »
Well, I know where Wilbus went to Santa...

There's a sucker born.... err made every.... second...

Took me 20 suckers.. I mean seconds to write this post.   :D
-SW

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
"TK" is like going to a self serve barbeque. They'll provide the grill and the basic meat but you have to cook it, add the spcie and provide the condiments. And for $10/mo that's fine.
 With thier next to no overhead it could work well for the customers who like that sort of thing and work well for "Target"

I think most folks like to add spice the the prepared dish. Not everone likes to be the host or the chef. A lot of people wil do skins, terrains and such for AW, WB's or AH. We'll have to see if they like building more of thier world with the different Target offerings someday.

As for them being quiet? I've think Vadr and Badgers have always though HTC played to the player base too much and they're not liek that. They are easy to rub elbows with but they do have a line drawn for fraternisation. IMO of course.

Westy

Offline Spitboy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
TK has a very promising business model, if the game can deliver on the promised "MMOG in a can" aspect. Like Westy said, make it what you want. How well it hosts lots of people on your average computer under load, though - that's the main question mark. Looking forward to it.

Spitboy -SW-