Author Topic: Possible Reason for a Moderator  (Read 330 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Possible Reason for a Moderator
« on: July 08, 2005, 02:32:17 PM »
I'm assuming the new channel 6 is for new players to seek help. This is an excellent tool when I've seen it used that way. Last night, what appered to be a 2 week new player, used it as his personal channel 200 to talk the usual immature "neener neener" the heck with you garbage.

Some of us regular players, Lute and Nomde come to mind, asked him to stop. He continued. He stopped when we told him we were filming his conversation and in the morning would communicate his ID to HTC which would probably get him kicked out of the game.(I admit I do not know if this would really happen.) Then Lute and Nomde convinced him they wished to help him because he was a new player which is what channel 6 is for. It went well from there.

I'm not sure if he was shineing them on because of our threats. But it did go well, which in the end, is whats important in our community.

I personally think channel 6 is very important as a help tool to those who need it. And there are AH players that enjoy having the opportunity to help in this manner. I am wondering if such a valuble aid to the community might qualify for some form of moderation by members of the AH training staff. After all you might construe it is an extension of that service.

I understand this is a very slippery slope and do honestly apologise for going here. I hope I'm being concerned over an anomoly..............:)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 11:25:54 PM »
Well speaking for myself Bustr, I try to "politely" point new guys in the right direction.

Some of em don't seem to get the point, and inevetably I end up squelching them.  
We do try to teach basic radio skills & ettiquete in the TA of of course.

The other thing is when I'm in the TA I'm "working", thats why I'm there, I have a job do to.

When I'm in the main, Its "play" time. While I don't mind answering the occaisional question, or helping someone now & then.
But I'm there to fly for myself & try to have some fun.

Not sure if HT can set a moderator for a single channel like that or not.

I think the community as a whole can do a much better job. In part because there are a limited number of trainers.

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 07:32:03 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

I think the community as a whole can do a much better job. In part because there are a limited number of trainers.

I stink... but I still try to help out sometimes. Of course I can only answer so many howdoImakeitgowhat'sarudderI'mstuckonthe runwaythisgameislame type reponses before I just tell them to go read the info pages.  :mad:

Woof

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 11:47:34 AM »
I filmed quite a bit of the incident Bustr's referring to. While it's somewhat disappointing that a few idiot kids on 2 week trial are filling the help channel with BS while 1 or 2 people try to actually get some assistance, at least they're not filling the main channels with their crap.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech