Author Topic: Pilot Wounds?  (Read 503 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Pilot Wounds?
« on: July 10, 2005, 03:30:09 AM »
First of all, let me just say, I had an absolute BLAST tonight.  I really wish I could attend these things more often, as whenever I do, it's always the very pinnacle of my enjoyment in Aces High...  So anyway, a big ! to Lute & Fuzeman for making that possible!

Now, if I may pick either of your brains for a moment...  I was wondering what exactly the policy on pilot wounds is?  My interpretation of the rule is that as long as you have a controllable plane you're good to go...  So I've been .efluff'n once I start to go into the first blackout and can no long control it.  

Am I correct to be doing this, or should I be .efluff'n as soon as I receive a pilot wound, or is it acceptable to simply hit auto-level, come out of the blackout, and keep fighting?

I could see why the last scenario wouldn't be acceptable, but I'm not sure what your take on this is and would like to find out before August's KoTH.

Thanks,
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Pilot Wounds?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 10:32:34 AM »
Pilot wounds are not a 'ef' situation and you can fly until you die. As long as the pilot is alive you can continue and use autopilot.
A pilot can revive from a blackout and that's the key. This would fall into the same catagory of a G-lock blackout sort of and there would be no 'ef' for that of course.

Thanks Vudak, we're glad you had a blast and hopefully you can attend more often.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 10:34:39 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Pilot Wounds?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 02:33:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply Fuze - that's great news on the pilot wounds!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group