Author Topic: Uncle Bernie  (Read 613 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Uncle Bernie
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2005, 10:12:31 AM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Our sentencing guidelines are hosed.  If he'd just killed someone he could be out in 7 years.

Given the choice between seven years in a "federal pound me in the bellybutton prison" or twenty-five in a white collar resort, which would you pick? ;)
sand

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Uncle Bernie
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2005, 10:16:49 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Given the choice between seven years in a "federal pound me in the bellybutton prison" or twenty-five in a white collar resort, which would you pick? ;)

4 walls are 4 walls.

I'd probably prefer to bend over for 7 years than spend 25 in a cell.

That question doesn't have anything to do with my sentencing guidelines comment, though.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Uncle Bernie
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2005, 10:18:36 AM »
Let's review Martlet.  Turn down 96.9 and stow the "I wanna be like Jay Sever_tard_son" booklet.

We have:

Ebbers

Jail

25 years

I do not see anywhere there or after, until your post, any discussion or statement about liberal courts or sentences for murder.
 I would wager if you did not try to hijack (yet another) topic for you own agenda (trashing anything "liberal") but instead created your own topic about liberal courts and the sentencing of murderers you may actually get a discussion on liberal courts and the sentences of murderers.

You remind me of a guy here at work who will invariably interject some unrelated personal story or experience into an on going discussion.  All it takes is one key word and he'll butt in and go off on his own tangent.  It's a true conversation killer and soon anyone involved in the original talk quickly find an excuse to escap and go away. Where upon this dork gets smug thinking he had a superior tale to tell or point to make. When in all actuality the guy is a loser and no one wants to listen to him.

I wonder?

Nah.

Arg. I have to.  I got to go walk by him to see if he's logged on to this webboard

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Uncle Bernie
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2005, 10:23:22 AM »
25 years is appropriate IMHO. How many lives did this guy ruin?
sand

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Uncle Bernie
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2005, 10:26:10 AM »
Did you have something to add to the discussion?  I didn't read much after the blah blah blah.  You should have taken my offer to leave before you embarrassed yourself.

I'll help you follow the sequence of the discussion:

Bernie 25 years.

YaY!

He's going to get bum humped.

Yay!

YaY!

That's justice!

Martlet:  It isn't justice.

Westy:  waaaaah, you're off topic!

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Uncle Bernie
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005, 10:27:12 AM »
25 years is appropriate IMHO. How many lives did this guy ruin?

I'm not sure.

Do you think it's appropriate that murderers, rapists, and child molestors are eligible for parole but he isn't?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Uncle Bernie
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2005, 10:30:47 AM »
I think mandatory sentencing is crap. :)
sand

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Uncle Bernie
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2005, 10:32:24 AM »
I think mandatory sentencing is crap. :)

I agree.  The point of my post wasn't as much to say his sentence wasn't fair, but to say it certainly wasn't on par with the sentences in place for other crimes.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Martlet is correct
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2005, 10:40:40 AM »
if justice was based off this guys sentence, the libs would be crying how cruel it is to the criminals who commit violent crimes and the sentences they are given...as no one who commits a murder, rape or child perv would ever get anything less than life w/o parole....

... which I have no problem with
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
Uncle Bernie
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 11:00:43 AM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Our sentencing guidelines are hosed.  If he'd just killed someone he could be out in 7 years.

Ture..guidelines are hosed..he deserved more...and a murderer should never get out.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Uncle Bernie
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2005, 11:04:59 AM »
"25 years is appropriate IMHO. How many lives did this guy ruin?"

25yrs?  Very appropriate as long as he serves his time until he cannot. Meaning he receives early release by way of a pine box out the prison gates. And at his age it is literally a "life" sentence.  
 Considering the extent of the fraud which has had such a serious impact on the lives of tens of thousands (and the repercussions will be felt by a hundred thousand or two at least) I'd say he got that sentence the old fashioned way.   He earned it.
 That the guy isn't in an orange jumpsuit cleaning the stalls in the prison mens room right is, IMO, wrong.
  Realizing that the sentence (for him) is literally "life" if it were me I'd be thinking about plans for an open ended vacation to a country with no extradition obligations to the US.  What would he have to lose trying?  Nothing.

Martlet:  ""

Westy:  "Uh Oh.   Gotta go.  Think I left the car lights on!"