Author Topic: To Europe and others  (Read 640 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
To Europe and others
« on: September 16, 2001, 10:18:00 AM »
The main thing I want to say is thankyou.  I can express in words how the worlds reaction to this has made me feel. I have honestly felt for the last few years that America stands alone.  I know now that coulnd't have been more wrong. I also remembered/realized that England has stood shoulder to shoulder with us since WW1 to help us make this world a better place.  For the first time in my life the people I have always called my cousins (English) I now feel are my brothers.

I've watched all the worlds reactions on the news and each time I see it I am brought to tears.  I really truely believe now that 90% of the world wants the same thing, peace. It seems to me that the other 10% keeps us from obtaining our common goal.

I want to try and assure something to you guys here that I hope you can understand.  Right now my country is sad/angry/UNITED.  We have delcared war on terrorism (bout time) and we are on the job now.  I will not lie and say that this isn't about revenge, because that's defenately a part of it.  But what we are about to undertake is much larger than revenge.  We are about to take on terrorism and when we are done, God willing there will be no more organized terror groups.

To me this is WW3 because many countries will be involved, on their side and ours.  This has to be done, and has needed to be done for at least 10 years.  But pease loving people don't like to kill, so there has been no will to fight.  Well now there is lots of will for the job at hand.  I've never seen my country this united EVER.  Just last week our media was busy trying to oust a member of congress.

Here's what we need to ask the world.  Please let us rid the world of terrorism.  This will be a tough thing to do and I think it will take many many years and lives to do so, but it needs to be done for the future of our planet.  I'm sure that many will fight beside us (thank you England you always do)  I'm also sure that there will be some that don't have the stomach for what needs to happen (not saying I know what that is either)  This is what scares me more than anything else, cold feet.  

Stand strong!!! The world will be a better place for it.  The middle East will be a better place for it. Which is what I'm getting at.  The one thing the world needs to remember while America is attacking soveriegn (sp?) countries is the thing I think it didn't remember durring Iraq.  It's what America does in a country that it or it's allies have defeated.  We rebuild it, protect it and give it's people something they probobly didn't have to begine with, Freedom.

I truely believe that this is the goal of my nation, I hope the world.  Please let us do this and please help....

U

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
To Europe and others
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2001, 10:33:00 AM »
<S>

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
To Europe and others
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
<S>

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
To Europe and others
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2001, 03:46:00 PM »
Well Said Neighbor.

"Future Round Rocker"  ;)

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
To Europe and others
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
United We Stand.....

<S>

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
To Europe and others
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2001, 11:36:00 AM »
punt for the Euro-dudes.....

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
To Europe and others
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »
:)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
To Europe and others
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
This is NOT a U.S. problem. It is a problem the entire world has at least some measure of experience in. It's time to get together as a CIVILIZED people and eradicate terrorism as a standard method of imposing someone’s will on another political entity!

<S>

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
To Europe and others
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2001, 06:47:00 PM »
<S!> Udie!