Author Topic: My 3 week old stick spikes :(  (Read 1171 times)

Offline ThunderEGG

• Copper Member
My 3 week old stick spikes :(
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 07:39:35 AM »
I tried the EVO and I broke the trigger right away. No more.  I've had my Thrustmaster Fox 2 Pro for almost a year. Absouletly no problems.  Highly recommended.:aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2005, 07:44:15 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
The best thing you've done yet that I've read. Newegg is a dream to deal with. Call them up, explain your situation and ask them if they would please give you a new stick on return. I know for a fact that the turn around time with newegg is more than fast. They're the best when it comes to getting a part to my door when they say they will.

Why screw around any longer? The more time you waste the more likely newegg is going to say you waited too long. Call them today and tell them your situation.

Jet, do what Morph said.

Now.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2005, 07:59:11 AM »
I've also (heard, dont know this first hand) CH will send buttons and the like to fix your own stick if it breaks down the line.

I don't really think this is true unfortunatly.

I have been talking with CH tech support some for the past few days. I had a pair of CH Pro pedals sent to me from the USA, bought via flightsimcentral.com

After less then two weeks they started spiking BADLY and that is why I got on the support with them. After telling them I could not return them to the US due to shipment costs they told me that
Sir,  The best option would be to order the potentiometers separately form   our  website here: http://www.chproducts.com/shop/parts.html      if you are  comfortable with replacing the parts yourself. Otherwise you may want   to  contact Betafon in Denmark to see if they can exchange the unit for   you.

This is after I asked them if they could send me a spare pot free since the pedals were after all only two weeks old.

He was very kind but all I've heard about CH tech support I no longer believe. I should NOT have to buy new pots 2 weeks after I started using the pedals. Not for 160 dollars worth of pedals.

And returning the pedals to another reseller is of course out of the question too. No way Betafon in denmark will accept that and then take the hit of getting a pair of defect pedals back.

Jet, if you can't afford/take time to send them back I sugest opening them up and maybe spraying them with some contact spray. The spikes I see on the screenshot aren't too bad and it is very likely it is just dust.

Only do this if you wanna take a chance though, most sticks aren't always all that easy to reasemble again.

Btw, here are two pics from my new 2 week old USB pedals.

Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2005, 09:01:30 AM »
I agree with Star here.

Jet don't install the software with the stick. Just plug it in, go to start--->control panel--->game controllers. When the window pops up, click on settings and you will see a tab to calibrate. Calibrate the stick there, and then in game.

You will need to uninstall the software for the stick before you do this. (read Stars post again).

I have been using the EVO for over a year now. No spikes, no problems whatsoever, and feel it is a good low priced stick.

If that doesn't work for you, Morph has the fix. (but I am pretty sure that installing the software is a bad idea).

Cheers Jet, hope you get it sorted out.

RTR
The Damned

Offline SarinGas

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 09:03:51 AM »
Thats why I dont buy ch and siatek products anymore. I have a MS Precision 2 usb joystick that I have been using for 5 years and its still working fine. I have a backup that I got off ebay for 20 bucks. The one Im using now has shims in it to reduce the slack arround the center. The ms sticks are simple to work on and I couldnt have been happier with mine.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 09:20:56 AM »
Jet, shame on you. I warned you a few weeks ago that Evo's were notorious for spiking...some after a few days...others after a few months. That's why I suggested that you buy it from BEST BUY and pay the extra $8 for the replacement insurance. Shame, shame, shame.

Can your problem be resolved? Maybe. As mentioned before, uninstall any Saitek software. It's all crap. Unplug your stick when you do it. Now open up Control Panels Gaming Devices and highlight the Evo>properties>test. Move the handle around, twist the rudders and work the throttle. Hit apply and OK.

Now open up the joystick settings in AH, click the default settings box. I noticed your ROLL sliders were all set to the max with virtually no deadband or damping. A mosquito flying by your Evo will send input to the game with those settings. Make sure all axes (roll, pitch, rudder, throttle) are set to default settings. The far left slider will be just off the bottom, and as they move right...they'll all graduate upward. Notice too that deadband and damping are raised up a little. Now do a stick calibration and see what you get in the air.

I calibrate my EVO everytime I enter AH and then about every 30 minutes just for safe keeping.  

One final word, for some reason using the EVO in MSFlight Simulator does weird things to the stick. If you're using other flight sims, unplug the USB and recalibrate in Win CP's before flying AH

Good luck!

DmdMax

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 09:24:58 AM »
Originally posted by jetb123
Cyborg doesnt allow me.

Yes it does, you just don't know it. It supposedly self-calibrates as you move the X,Y,Z and throttle axes.

DmdMax

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 10:48:24 AM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
Buy a Microsoft Sidwwinder off of Ebay, they cheap.

Plus they last forever  :)

Yeah I can second that, my Sidewinder Precision Pro 1 still works flawlessly after 4 years of use. Not a single spike ever.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005, 12:01:18 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus

I have been talking with CH tech support some for the past few days. I had a pair of CH Pro pedals sent to me from the USA, bought via flightsimcentral.com

Hmmm... The images you posted of your stick settings displayed them under the roll axis.  I use the rudder axis selection for my CH pedals in AH.  Heck these old Analog pedals are probably older than some of the players here in the game.  But they are used as a USB adapter device under winblows XP via a radio shack part# 26-164 gameport to USB adapter and calibrated under windows by skipping all but the Z axis.  No spiking here.

All the Best...
Jay
awDOC1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 04:22:24 PM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley
Hmmm... The images you posted of your stick settings displayed them under the roll axis.  I use the rudder axis selection for my CH pedals in AH.  Heck these old Analog pedals are probably older than some of the players here in the game.  But they are used as a USB adapter device under winblows XP via a radio shack part# 26-164 gameport to USB adapter and calibrated under windows by skipping all but the Z axis.  No spiking here.

All the Best...
Jay
awDOC1

Doesn't matter what axis I have selected in the toll down window. Check the window to the right, it shows all axis' at the same time and wich ones I move. The spikes are from the rudders.

Yeah I know CH Pedals last forever but these ones spiked from the beginning almost. All my settings in AH are correct and I too of course use rudder axis for rudders :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 04:57:19 PM »
Cant unistall this softwafe. My friend had to reformatt just to get it off. Its  not spiking as bad as wilbuz but if i move it little movements I do get little tiny jumps for bout 2 seconds then it smooths. When i do a fast quick movement it doesnt spike.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 05:16:25 PM »
If it's logitech, there's a driver remover on the web that will clean it out.  Google it.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2005, 05:28:09 PM »
Originally posted by jetb123
Cant unistall this softwafe. My friend had to reformatt just to get it off. Its  not spiking as bad as wilbuz but if i move it little movements I do get little tiny jumps for bout 2 seconds then it smooths. When i do a fast quick movement it doesnt spike.

Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> Right Mouse Button Click on your stick -> Uninstall

Edit: If you have Saitek Controller in Add/Remove Programs, remove it here first...

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2005, 06:27:36 PM »
Tried that it wont unistall.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2005, 07:02:32 PM »
Unplug your stick first. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------