Author Topic: Anyone in Akron/Cleveland Ohio area?  (Read 343 times)

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
Anyone in Akron/Cleveland Ohio area?
« on: July 22, 2005, 09:17:16 AM »
Was wondering if anyone was living near me that I could meet up with.  Was just hoping to be able to watch first hand at someone dogfighting and what their tactics are.  I know we have trainers and can record films, but I think nothing would replace someone telling me "Im doing this manuever because of.."  "Im doing this to counter my opponents move"  "Im going this speed because the plane handles better for...."  etc etc.

If you do live close and wouldn't mind taking time to help me, e-mail me at northernmachinetool@msn.com    Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 09:23:46 AM by Ohio43 »

Offline TheThang

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 06:31:40 AM »
live 20 mins from akron (put cleve before (DOH)) =P but you dun wanna hear frome me =)

Offline rob53

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 07:15:18 AM »
Canton here..............

Careful what you ask for, many players from NE Ohio :)

I've been playing this addiction since open beta and willing to help if I can

:aok

Rob53
The Flying Circus
rob53
The Flying Circus

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 07:51:34 AM »
Actually, I live In Chippewa Lake, which is 20 miles west of Akron.  Im serious about meeting up with people.  I want to be able to get my fighter skills up, which don't seem to be improving much over the last few months.  If you do care to meet, I do have two comps at my house, or if you prefer, I can go to yours.  I think it would be fun.  drop me an e-mail at the email listed baove if your interested.

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 08:05:19 AM »
Originally posted by TheThang
live 20 mins from akron (put cleve before (DOH)) =P but you dun wanna hear frome me =)

Why wouldn't I want to har from you..your a squaddie for crying out loud :)..would make it all the more fun.  Shoot me an email at northernmachinetool@msn.com with your phone number and I'll give ya a ring.  What city do you live in?
Reason I listed Cleveland in the post header is because I work in Cleveland and get off at 4pm Mon-Fri and can easily get anywhere between Cleveland and Akron on the way home.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 08:12:54 AM by Ohio43 »

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 12:18:08 AM »
cruise down the express lanes of 271 all the time.  red kw says
stray cat aerospace on the side

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 08:12:46 AM »
Originally posted by Ohio43
I live In Chippewa Lake

(I did this to him on the squad message board a couple days ago. I still can't resist.)

Heh...he lives in a lake... :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 09:19:27 AM »
Well, i felt that since i get shot down over water quite frequently, I may as well go live in a lake for the "realism" aspect :)
  Makes for tricky gameplay while floating on a raft, though..electricity danger and all