Author Topic: X lands kill cav update  (Read 545 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
X lands kill cav update
« on: August 06, 2005, 02:07:31 PM »
Id like to see a country icon next to players name when landing kills.... SYSTEM- Cav58d landed 15 kills in a SPITFIRE mk. I
one small symbol/character would not take up excessive text space....whats everyones opinion
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
X lands kill cav update
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 04:36:35 PM »
I'm for it
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
X lands kill cav update
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 05:39:45 PM »
hmmmmmm 15 kills in a Spit 1  Cav?      Not a bad idea Cav if there is room in the text buffer for the country symbol.  I like it.

How you been doing bro?    I hope that fiasco this past spring didn't leave you ticked off at my squad?    We have since switched countries from Bish to Knits.      Anyways,  take care and see ya in the MA.

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
X lands kill cav update
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 05:45:54 PM »
i personally would like to see buffer statement for 5 kills or more.
also drop the word system..(whatrs the point in that,, we all know what brown text means now)have a thumbs up symbol instead, or aircraft profile..

Offline paulobrien6969

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/rafspitfires/index.htm
X lands kill cav update
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 06:11:44 AM »

also drop the word system..(whatrs the point in that,, we all know what brown text means now)have a thumbs up symbol instead, or aircraft profile..

i agree with that..
would show more of the squad name

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
X lands kill cav update
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 12:15:57 PM »
Wow...No flames so far!....I thought this post would be at perking the LA7 or bashing TOD by now =) haha
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
X lands kill cav update
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 07:00:48 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
Wow...No flames so far!....I thought this post would be at perking the LA7 or bashing TOD by now =) haha

I think HTC has better things to do then change this... like making the unperked B29   :)  How is that for a flame ?? ;)
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
X lands kill cav update
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 02:27:40 AM »
yeah, im for it. raise your hand if you are constantly giving an enemy wtg's {raised hand} :lol

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
X lands kill cav update
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 02:55:15 AM »
also replace "victories" with kills...

(little rook symble)TrueKill landed 5 kills in a 109F4 of ZG1

deleting the system and replaceing vics. with kills gives more space for squad names.

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
X lands kill cav update
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 02:57:40 AM »
I agree there cav.  I think the SYSTEM messages need to be changed a little... so they are more compact and quick to read.  I really like the dashes and the country symbol would be awesome.  

And instead of the "landing messages" starting at 2, maybe make it 4 or 5.  This would probably promote more team work and would make players shoot for a higher goal.  Instead of getting two kills, then running back home for a quick land and up another.
Mak

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
X lands kill cav update
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 10:42:12 AM »
Originally posted by Mak333
I agree there cav.  I think the SYSTEM messages need to be changed a little... so they are more compact and quick to read.  I really like the dashes and the country symbol would be awesome.  

And instead of the "landing messages" starting at 2, maybe make it 4 or 5.  This would probably promote more team work and would make players shoot for a higher goal.  Instead of getting two kills, then running back home for a quick land and up another.

True. For about 1/4 of the players. I remeber when i started back in october last year, i really had to struggle to get at least two kills and land them. Dweebish or not, this keeps you going. Its something to work for and an accomplishment to be proud of. Heck, the first time i landed successfully my squad threw a party for me. Pathetic? Maybe, but the learning curve in AH is already frustrating enough so 'celebrating' baby steps makes you feel like you are getting somewhere.

As my abilities got at least slightly better, of course two kills now dont mean that much to me, but they did then. By having to get 3 or 4 to recieve a system message, it makes it nearly impossible for new players and they just might end up frustrated and stopping to try.

As for shorter messages: Im all for it. Would be nice to see more of the Squadron names.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
X lands kill cav update
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 04:33:27 PM »
PERK THE LA7

sorry cav....couldnt resist:lol
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"