Author Topic: IL-2..what a game  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Cleaner

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.msn.com
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2001, 04:56:00 PM »
Ak, it's gonna be both. Il-2 will provide a server and you can also open your server. I can't say much about the beta cause we are all supposed to be tight lipped about it. But I will say, the hair on the back of your neck will be in a constant state of arousal  :D

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2001, 04:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:

By server load... what exactly do you mean?  Does someone act as a host for others?  Or does the server have to be on a corperate site?

Also, how is the multi-play righ now?  Is it playable?  What's the most you've seen at one time and how did things run?

AKDejaVu

Actually, wrt servers it can be either, AKDejaVu.  Someone can setup their own server for multiplay, but Bluebyte/Ubisoft are also going to be setting up dedicated servers as well for multiplay.  But, remember multiplay at this point is either 16 players + how-ever-many-AI, or 32 players.

As for MMP stuff, there's only been talk about it, but it is something Oleg is very interested in doing.  It most likely would be a different engine from the present game in beta, though from a player's perspective it would be much more comprehensive.
ingame: Raz

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2001, 05:50:00 PM »
So.. I guess my question is more on the hosting side of the house...

Will this be a similar situation to Tribes, where you need a T-1 to host more than 20 players?... or.. just how much bandwidth is required to host?

I love the screenshots I've seen from this one.  And.. the games sounds greate,  but I have to figure out how it would do on the squad level.

AKDejaVu

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2001, 06:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
So.. I guess my question is more on the hosting side of the house...

Will this be a similar situation to Tribes, where you need a T-1 to host more than 20 players?... or.. just how much bandwidth is required to host?

I love the screenshots I've seen from this one.  And.. the games sounds greate,  but I have to figure out how it would do on the squad level.

AKDejaVu

I don't think that sort of information is available yet.  The beta process may have an impact on their decision, so it may not even be known at this point.
ingame: Raz

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2001, 10:13:00 PM »
im sureits like any other game.. figure youre going to need approx 3k/sec bandwidth per player...

that means cable or asdl could probably host 20 players, but for 32 youd want a t1

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2001, 11:03:00 PM »
I played a beta of it at E3 for a little while.  

The main thing about that version that I didn't like was that the ground was solid green, flat, and very boring.  

Maybe it was just the mission that they let us fly, but if Il-2 doesn't have interesting terrain forget it.

Originally posted by ~Caligula~:
I got my copy(actually they sent me 2 CDs for some reason,I checked ,they`re identical).
It is simply the most amazing flightsim I`ve ever seen...

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2001, 03:15:00 AM »
The terrain is still WIP (and was at E3). Oleg just released pics where in addition to the large forests, he was putting single trees cluttered around some of the open areas.

Notice the shadhow from the clouds.

The many different "resolutions" of terrains make it look good, also when at groundlevel.
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2001, 05:06:00 AM »
Like I said, plus verry ugly screenshots!  ;)

Now, Caligula, what about your contribution to Bluebyte's effort? Try to convince me, send me that CD   :D

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2001, 08:31:00 AM »
Snefen's, those look wayyyy too small to be shadows from clouds. Especially since the sun is  on the horizon. Only way to have shadows from clouds is for the sun to be above the clouds.
-SW

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
Great looking screen shots. When is it going to hit the stores?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2001, 08:45:00 AM »
SW,
I think he was referring to the first picture, where you can also see the clouds reflected off the river.

Cobra

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2001, 08:48:00 AM »
Ah yeah.. the FIRST picture.. you're right.

Nevermind.
-SW

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
Sounds like a good one, maybe they'll make the full MMP version.   :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2001, 02:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta:
This game will reunite 9./JG54. I hear they got planes with our logo and stuff on. And the skies will once again be unsafe for the enemy   :)

;)
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
IL-2..what a game
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2001, 03:12:00 AM »
Dang,You beat me,I was just gonna post this beauty:

Here`s some more..
The buffkiller:

Get ready to delete all other sims off your harddrive

[ 07-02-2001: Message edited by: ~Caligula~ ]