Author Topic: New Terrain in CT this Friday, 26 July 05  (Read 148 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
New Terrain in CT this Friday, 26 July 05
« on: July 27, 2005, 04:09:58 PM »
In case you haven't checked out the new Italy terrain, it's awsome, and will be featured in the new CT set up this Friday.  Not only does it have nice base placements for quick air engagements, but the potential for GV combat is high as well.  Come check it out.  The set up should be loaded by late afternoon PST.

That’s Italian!

This simulates late 1943-early 1944, not long after the Allied landings on the Italian peninsula.  The Allies hold Sicily, and have a substantial foot-hold (pun intended) on the Italian boot following the breakout of the Allies from their beach head at Salerno.  Units of the Italian Air Force still loyal to Mussolini continue to fight on the side of the Axis, despite Italy’s change of allegiance, but all other Italian military personnel in German occupied lands are disarmed and made prisoners of war.  Furious fighting continues across the mid-section of Italy, and the fighter-bombers of both sides are busier than ever.

Allies (land): P-40E, P-47D-11, P-38G, Spit-IV, Mosquito, B-24 (restricted availability), C-47, B-26, All the M’s, Pnzr-IV, PT (ports)

Allies (CV): FM2, Seafire, TBM, LVTs, PT

Axis (land): Bf-109F/G-2/G-6, Me-110G, Fw190A-5/F-8, C202/205, Ju-88, Ju-87, C-47, all the M’s, Pnzr-IV, Tiger-I, PT (ports)

Radar (dot/bar): 35mi/50mi
Fog: 10 miles
Fuel modifier: 1.5
Ack: 0.7 for field ack, 0.25 for puffy-flak
Downtimes: Hangers - 15 min; ack – 30 min; bunkers – 30 min; town – 45 min
Troops to capture: 15
Hardness: MA standard
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 04:19:07 PM »
Looks good.  I'll try to take a look next week.  Busy Friday through Sunday unfortunately.

Spit IV eh?:p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 05:12:30 PM »
In like flynn. Jugs and Spits vs the Luftwaffe and the Italian ferrari's.  Looks great! :aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 05:31:17 PM »
Can someone post a SS of map :) i can't view it (Accouts locked) plz plz post pic.