Author Topic: I'm not a hockey fan at all but....  (Read 328 times)

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
I'm not a hockey fan at all but....
« on: August 09, 2005, 09:19:09 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-canucks-bertuzzireinstated&prov=ap&type=lgns

I had followed this thing from the beginning.  The fate of this man's career should be directly tied to the man he injured... AT LEAST.

Offline newguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 10:54:33 AM »
Nope.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 01:02:04 PM »
The whole thing stinks.  Bertuzzi should have his backbone removed and donated to Moore.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 01:53:42 PM »
BS.  It was a bad hit, he knows he was wrong, but what's done is done.  They let guys get away with this stuff on the ice all the time (used to) and the fans ate it up.  It only stands to reason if you allow guys to lose their tempers on a regular basis eventually someone is going to go too far.  In this case it was accidental, but he ruined another player's life.  You cant tell the man he can't go back to work now, after he has served his sentence.  

Now, in my personal opinion, it would be a nice gesture on his part if he were to donate part of that 5 mil he's going to earn next year to help pay Moore's medical bills and pay for his physical therapy.  But as long as he has learned his lesson, and the officials are really going to enforce the no fighting rules instead of just making a show of it, then yeah he should be allowed to return to playing hockey.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 08:15:53 PM »
everyone that ever hit bertuzi should be fined 500 000 and have his back bone removed apperantly.

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 12:09:57 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
everyone that ever hit bertuzi should be fined 500 000 and have his back bone removed apperantly.

How about just the guys that intentionaly drove his head into the ice after already blindsiding him with a hit to the side of the head.  Did you see the video.... the guy rode him down and drove his head in to ground.  Then shoved him again after he hit the ice.  

Like I said, I don't follow hockey, so maybe that kinda thing happens all the time.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 12:14:28 AM »
Well I guess we would have to watch film of every game that his "vicitm" ever played and see all the cheep crap he undoubtebly did in all those games and fine him half a mill for every one.
Its just stupid.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 05:43:03 AM »

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 09:22:45 AM »
The attack was seen as retaliation for a hit Moore put on Vancouver star Markus Naslund that left the Canucks captain with a concussion and sidelined him for three games.

So Moore blindsides Naslund, later in the game Moore gets blindsided by Bertuzzi for the hit on his Team Captain.

"Live by the sword..."

Nothin to see here gents.. move along.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 09:42:27 AM »
they used to box with spiked gloves also...

what was once accepted in most sports has changed ... evolved

this thug would be in jail if it were done outside the rink ... the least they should do is fire him form his "job", I don't care how "great" a player he is
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline newguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 10:33:57 AM »
Eagler, while it is true that Bert would be in trouble if he did that off the ice, when you step on the ice you accept the possibilty that you may be punched in the face, hit with a stick, etc. Things that would not normally be accepted off the ice. Hockey is one of the few sports where you have to accept this as a possibility (if you were punched in a soccer game and injured you would be able to press charges, not so in a hockey game, in Canada at least). You, and I dont mean you personally, may not think that is good for any sport, which is fine; dont watch hockey. I am sick of all the babies that want to take the hitting and fighting out of hockey.

As for Steve Moore, this man is the biggest pussie around. He goes after the Canucks star player and then does not expect retribution? The injuries he suffered are due to the players that toppled on to him following the punch. What would have prevented this from happening is if the instigator penalty was gone. Bert would have simple walked up to Moore after the hit, dropped his gloves and beat the piss outta him. Judging by how Bert had to chase him around the ice before "blind sidinging" him, Moore probably wouldnt have stood up an fought but I digress.

I for one will be welcoming Bert when team Canada comes to Kelowna next week for orientation camp.

Dont mean to seem like I'm directing this at you Eagler, I usually agree with your point of view.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 10:52:22 AM »
Originally posted by newguy
I am sick of all the babies that want to take the hitting and fighting out of hockey.

It's ice hockey, not WWE on ice!
This is something which has not been part of hockey to begin with.
It is only part of hockey because some retarded "hockey fans" gets a kick out of the fights and nobody is going to actually punish the players.
Ice hockey has rules and those are not to make it lame, but to take away the potentially lethal moves out of it - like fightning, which obviously has ruined one mans life in a split second.

If you want to watch fights, go watch boxing, WWE, wrestling or such.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 11:30:55 AM »
looked like a vulch to me.....

but its hockey! as the bumper sticker states....

"Give Blood, Play Hockey"

but what do I know, I live in Oklahoma.
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 12:01:57 PM »
hockey is a physical game and fighting has always been a part of it...people who say otherwise are either casual fans or ones who havent actually ever played the sport themselves much..

but, i think its lame that bertuzzi got the equivilent of a 20 game suspension for ending another players career. think of the money that moore and his family have lost out on because of that.

whether or not steve moore is a salamander doesnt make what bertuzzi did right. i think he should sit at least this season out (considering the suspension was probably going to be a year)

its right up there with marty mcsorleys incident in my book.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 12:42:07 PM »
I dont think it was that bad.  Yeah he attacked Moore, but Moore had something coming.  Not that.  But he deserved a good punch at least.  The guy just got carried away, he didnt mean to break the man's neck.  That part was an accident.  He didnt come up behind him and whack him in the head with his stick like it was a wood splitter.  Two different cases entirely.