Author Topic: 30 mm?  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
30 mm?
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 06:55:48 AM »
I'm betting that you're seeing the same thing discussed above -- that on buffs you're geting fuselage hits (maybe with displaced hit sprites). With the smaller "hit boxes" in AH2 its easy to stay just below the kill threshold at several nearby damage centers...

Try going offline, and hit the drone 24s with 30mm only -- targeting out from the fuselage, so there's no doubt. 30s have plenty of damage power....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
30 mm?
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2005, 03:43:21 AM »
Originally posted by AmRaaM
another instance i rake the top of a c47 at  from just behind the cockpit across winspar and down fuselage with 30mm only and hmm  nothing LOL that was a good 5-10 rounds striking the c47.  then i promply augered ..oops.

Actually, that was an XC-47 you were attacking, a special variant of the C-47 (akin to the YB-40 version of the B-17 and the XB-41 version of the B-24).  It had 6-inch-thick armor plating throughout the fuselage and wings.  It was built to fly along with groups of normal C-47's, but lower and with instructions to the pilot to "fly as if in a state of drunkenness" to attract the majority of fire from the ground or from attacking enemy aircraft.  The XC-47 was discontinued shortly after its introduction, though, as it was found that enemy fire bouncing off the aircraft created more of a hazard to the group it was flying with than direct fire.