Author Topic: Flying in the NWT  (Read 153 times)

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Flying in the NWT
« on: August 05, 2005, 04:11:10 PM »
I'm back to work. Been flying in the Northwest Territories for the last couple of weeks. North and North East of Yellowknife. Last week I was past the tree line for a few days (although not many trees south of it either).

It's really like a different planet in some area's. You can see how the ice carved its way back north. It left some pretty wild things behind as it travelled. I saw a boulder the other day (as big as a car) that was sitting on top of 3 smaller boulders. I could have crawled underneath and out the other side.

I have mostly been flying the local enviro people around to do water quality surveys around a couple of diamond mines. Slinging thier boat around to the different sites etc.

Next week (or maybe a little earlier) the Grizzly Bear survey starts, so that should be pretty interesting flying.

Currently I am at a Diamond mine at a place called Snap Lake, about 120 nautical NE of Yellowknife. The good people at the
camp allow me to get on the net via sattelite, hence the post.

I'm getting alot of cool pics up here. I'll post a few when I get back to the real world (hopefully by the 19th to fix my account hehe).

Cheers folks,
RTR
The Damned

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Flying in the NWT
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 04:20:43 PM »
Whatta cool job you have! Thanks for sharing.:aok

i know some of you hate the little thumb-up icon....phtttttbbbbbbtt.....

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
Flying in the NWT
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 04:29:14 PM »
come back in the winter and take a ride when we drive the trucks across the ice

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
Flying in the NWT
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 04:49:42 PM »
I for one would love to see your pics of the north country.

If I wasn't raising a family I'd quite my job and do everything it took to get a job like yours.  Enjoy it.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.