Author Topic: Calling All Kansas City Area Players  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Calling All Kansas City Area Players
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2001, 04:15:00 PM »
OK, have checked 3 wx sources.

Two of those say showers in the AM with temps in the mid-40's. One says a few clouds, temps in the mid-50's.

I'm working every other weekend in April, so I'm still going to go down there around 10 AM. If it's decent, I'm flying. I will tell you that temps in the 40's require a shirt, sweatshirt and a jacket in an open cockpit airplane (IMO).

If it rains, we can just go visit the CAF hangar and see what they're up to over at New Century. They're rebuilding their PT engine right now. After that, we'll grab lunch.

Hope to see those of you that can make it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2001, 05:20:00 PM »
Sorry, I was wrong again.  Not going to be able to make it.  Too many things going on.  Hope your doing this again, it would be cool to meet some of you all.

Zippatuh

w225th

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
Sounds great even if we can't fly.  I have only met a few of the online pilots over the years.

w225th

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2001, 03:20:00 PM »
Great little party we had today Toad, thanks for hosting it ;-).  I'm sure my buddy had as good a time as I did.  Maybe we should have flightsim conventions like it more often.

Anyway you have a beautiful plane and it was great to meet you.

wolfhnd

P.S. Sent this by email but it was rejected by server.

w225th

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2001, 10:56:00 PM »
 http://www.simviation.com/files/vintage/pt-26-20.zip

If you want to fly this plane try the above link :-)

Not the exact model but close.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2001, 10:56:00 PM »
Great to meet you and Joe as well!

That's a dead-end E-mail; I've had a few people that don't like my politics try a few little E-Mail capers, so I pulled it off.

I'll e-mail you the real one.  
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2001, 03:35:00 PM »
It was good to see everyone on Sat.

Look forward to doing it again.

------------------
Milo
3./JG2
"Preceive those things which cannot be seen."