Author Topic: C-205  (Read 620 times)

Offline TheThang

• Copper Member
C-205
« on: July 29, 2005, 10:42:22 AM »
In what order should you burn the fuel tanks?

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
C-205
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 10:52:29 AM »
wings first, then aux
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
C-205
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 11:33:34 AM »
I'd personally rather have fuel in the wings and burn off the aux, but that's me. If you're worried about roll rate you burn the wing tanks first (and your roll rate gets better by the time you're in combat), but I don't find myself rollnig a lot in that plane (no more than normal, and it performs all right anyways).

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
C-205
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 06:22:17 AM »
If HTC has modeled the plane as it was in real life, burning the wing fuel first shouldn't make a big difference in roll rate. The C.202 and C.205 had wing tanks in the central part of wing root, really near the fuselage, so they didn't affect much roll rate. The main tank where just in front of the cockpit, under the machine guns complex, basically aligned with the wing, while the auxiliary tank was behind the cockpit, hence behind the center of gravity. So, maybe burning before the auxiliary tank may affect stability along the pitch axis.

Of course, this argument is effective only if this planes were modeled in the game according to their real life equivalent.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
C-205
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 07:05:38 AM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
If HTC has modeled the plane as it was in real life, burning the wing fuel first shouldn't make a big difference in roll rate. The C.202 and C.205 had wing tanks in the central part of wing root, really near the fuselage, so they didn't affect much roll rate. The main tank where just in front of the cockpit, under the machine guns complex, basically aligned with the wing, while the auxiliary tank was behind the cockpit, hence behind the center of gravity. So, maybe burning before the auxiliary tank may affect stability along the pitch axis.

Of course, this argument is effective only if this planes were modeled in the game according to their real life equivalent.

I fly the 202 quite a lot, and, frankly, I've never noticed much difference in its performance regardless of how you distribute the fuel.  I hear people say there's a noticeable difference, but I just don't see it.  I imagine the same is true for the 205.

- oldman

Offline Clip121

• Copper Member
C-205
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 06:31:45 PM »
I agree with oldman - been flying it a bit lately also and haven't noticed a bit of difference.....

Offline weasel4

• Zinc Member
C-205
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:43:19 AM »
First thing Thang is to stay alive long enough to burn your fuel. hahahah:p

how do you spell kfc???

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
C-205
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 09:48:15 AM »
When i try to burn my fuel the fire usually gets out of hand and the plane blows up.

Offline weasel4

• Zinc Member
C-205
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 09:50:45 AM »
TOOOOOOOO FUNNNNNNYYYYYYY

schutt = 1
Thang = -3

ITS K.E.N.T.U.C.K.Y  F.R.I.E.D.  C.H.I.C.K.E.N.