Author Topic: The Rhine: set up for AUg 5th  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
The Rhine: set up for AUg 5th
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2005, 05:23:04 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Gotta be all that methane-an-all boost

:aok

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2005, 09:21:05 PM »
Historical question

What ever happened to Fw-190A-5s in late war? Were there a lot of A-5s in action during late war? Were they replaced due to wear and tear?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2005, 01:12:43 AM »
I read a post once about werk no.s and 190As. Seems that they re-used some earlier airframes for later models (painted over them, recycled perfectly working craft, maybe).

I'd imagine that as the later As came out the earlier ones were phased back to training groups, left for ground attack, or even returned to the factories to be re-furbished as later marks.

No proof of that, just a guess.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2005, 10:16:54 AM »
anyone know the ratio of kills of fighters to bombers by the me262 in rl?

the jet ruins this setup - all it takes is one cherry pickin jet dweeb to skew any a2a battle and ruin the fun.

if the numbers show that the 262 didn't contribute to any kind of fighters destroyed, can we pls leave it out of future setups?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

storch

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2005, 01:18:34 PM »
a whine has been recorded

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2005, 03:18:23 PM »
not whining

if the numbers show the 262 did shoot down more fighters than bombers, keep it in CT

if it doesn't, why keep it? so the axis can use it as a crutch as it is used now since there isn't the bombers in there for it to intercept?

that was the reason I stated at the start of this thread, bombers are uselss and no need for bmbr intercptors .. aka me262's

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

storch

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2005, 04:16:28 PM »
I disagree with you for two reasons

1. if we apply that logic across the board then the allies would have to have most of the planeset unallowed for CT use.  I submit that 262 is easier to defeat/frustrate than the spitV is.  both of those models require the opponent to be aware of their presence and already have a notion or a tactic for mitigating their advantages.

2.  disagreement is fun.

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 06:22:44 PM »
Storch, yet again the two terminal orifices of your alimentary canal seem to be interchangeable.

asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2005, 06:32:34 PM »
what logic is that?

All I am saying if the plane wasn't used as a fighter, then don't include it in an arena that is basically a fighter to fighter room

if someone can show me where the 262 had more kills of fighters than bombers in rl, I'll shut my pie hole - if not, I will picket it whenever it shows up in a ct planeset as it does nothing positive for the fun or attitude of the room

if they want to cherry pick in the dweeb jet, let him go to the mayhem arena where the hordes stand a better chance of popping a round into him as he zooms by

storch

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2005, 06:47:06 PM »
it seems to me that the dedicated allied players cannot deal with anything even remotely reseambling an equalizer.  the jet is no threat.  the spitV is.  as an example.  I was in the twinspitJ and TK attempted to pick me while in the jet.  he scored three cannon hits on my port engine and took it out.  I reversed into him quickly as he dove to accellerate away he sheared off his wing and augered.

the allieds have every conceivable advantage in this game.  I think I amply shut your mouths by owning duke while in a P51 (which I do not fly and don't know) and he in the 109.  since according to you guys he is teh uber 1337 nacho er macho piloty dude and I am teh suxxor then it must have been the plane.  no?

:D

storch

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2005, 06:48:28 PM »
Originally posted by detch01
Storch, yet again the two terminal orifices of your alimentary canal seem to be interchangeable.

asw

hmmm I wonder where the moderators are on this persoanl attack?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2005, 07:47:48 PM »
Originally posted by storch
it seems to me that the dedicated allied players cannot deal with anything even remotely reseambling an equalizer.  the jet is no threat.  the spitV is.  as an example.  I was in the twinspitJ and TK attempted to pick me while in the jet.  he scored three cannon hits on my port engine and took it out.  I reversed into him quickly as he dove to accellerate away he sheared off his wing and augered.

the allieds have every conceivable advantage in this game.  I think I amply shut your mouths by owning duke while in a P51 (which I do not fly and don't know) and he in the 109.  since according to you guys he is teh uber 1337 nacho er macho piloty dude and I am teh suxxor then it must have been the plane.  no?

:D

You died in the fight vs Duke. If thats your idea of some great victory then Im happy for you. You finally won one.

Your Allied conspiricy claims are nothing but a lame crutch. The question you have yet to answer is why are you still here? If this game is stacked against you and unfair, why play? Why inflict yourself on the rest of the community? Is that the pleasure you get for your $15? Being the ankle biting chigger who claims to be a cobra? It would be one thing if this was a decent rivalry of Axis squads vs Allied squads but its not even close to that. You do the most talking, give some damn good sticks and all around cool guys in your squad a bad  name, and you cant put up a decent fight. What the hell dude? Shut up or learn to fight. Ive offered to take you to the DA many times. I have no problem helping out with what ever I can offer. Im no top tier ace but I could help some. But you always revert back to the same ol jerk crybaby crap. Its weak and old.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 07:50:00 PM by Slash27 »

storch

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2005, 07:49:36 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I disagree with you for two reasons

1. if we apply that logic across the board then the allies would have to have most of the planeset unallowed for CT use.  I submit that 262 is easier to defeat/frustrate than the spitV is.  both of those models require the opponent to be aware of their presence and already have a notion or a tactic for mitigating their advantages.

2.  disagreement is fun.

er not allied planes in the plane set but the axis.  the 190 was as much buff killer as a fighter killer.

storch

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2005, 07:56:58 PM »
yup i died from a lame HO from a totally owned opponent.  had i cruised on back to my base and not reversed he wouldn't have had the opportunity to HO'd me.  all in all it was good that he did HO me and crowed loudly declaring himself the winner.  the truth is I owned him.  I know it, and so does he.  the fact is that given equally skilled players the allied rides deliver the win. or as this match clearly proved a superior player can be defeated by an inferior one with the better modelled plane.  afterall as you just clearly stated slash that was my first ever win.  :D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2005, 08:10:18 PM »
If you read it so clearly try answering the "Why are you here?" stuff.