Author Topic: Perk Cost Purpose??  (Read 279 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Perk Cost Purpose??
« on: August 09, 2005, 02:42:16 PM »
I'm being a little slow on the up take but I think I get what perk cost is for. By all means trash my definition if it's wrong, but I've always been slightly confused about it and the choice of planes to be perked.

The perk cost is for:

1. A balancing of the disruptive effect on game play by an Uber plane.  

2. Limits roughly/loosely the proportional use of a plane to it's historical percentage/proportion of availability, use, and numbers in respect to all other aircraft types produced and used.

If #2 is kind of correct, as a guide line for the future, HTC could possibly release some real fire breathers or exotics from the war with higher perk numbers to limit use to their proportionate reality. We could see a Meteor or P80 at 300 points or something. Or a Do335 at 500 points.

I guess aircraft production for this game is more a limitation of the availability of reliable engineering data to use in the modeling workup, rather than how many made it into the war from the discussions in the other threads.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
Perk Cost Purpose??
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 03:05:59 PM »
Think #1 is partially right except Uber isn't a function, more of a balancing mechanism.

Pretty sure #2 is not a function of determining perk ride.

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
Perk Cost Purpose??
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 06:00:30 PM »
1. Yes
2. No

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Perk Cost Purpose??
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 06:09:34 PM »
The reason the Ta152 is perked is because it was rare in reality. It doesn't hold any edges in performance anywhere under 30k. I tried dogfighting at 22k in one once.. it was still miserable. It REALLY needs to be up high before it out performs anything.