Author Topic: Tags  (Read 923 times)

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
Tags
« on: August 13, 2005, 04:37:50 AM »
all i want is to have enemy tags removed, it is stupid to be able to see a yak flying at 100mph and 100ft off the ground from 5k every time. it makes no sence.

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Tags
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 05:10:57 AM »
Only firendly icons would be just great

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Tags
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 05:48:06 AM »
Hmmmm

It's one of those things that sounds great; but....

There's a lot of IL-2 servers that twiddle with icons.

No icons: relies on plane silouette identification; and so is unworkable unless it's an "axis allies" set up. Doesn't really work in large furballs.

Friend only: You constantly misjudge the range of that litle two pixel blob; thinking it's a friend out of icon range then it shoots you in the ass.

Enemy only: works; but makes it really hard to fly with your buds.

Short range; single colour; friendly names/enimies plane type. Works well;  so long as the icon range is greater than guns range; otherwise it's a useless exercise in frustration.

But in any case; I support fully the effort to have less obtrusive icons (WWIIOL have the best to date); while recognizing we'll stil need them in some form or another for the forseeable future.

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
Tags
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 06:13:37 AM »
Friend only: You constantly misjudge the range of that litle two pixel blob; thinking it's a friend out of icon range then it shoots you in the ass.

if you can see the silouette and there is no tag, it is enemy. that is day one stuff.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Tags
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 06:21:11 AM »
Originally posted by SMIDSY

if you can see the silouette and there is no tag, it is enemy. that is day one stuff.

No; in practise; it doesn't work like that. I can see why you'd think that; because it's logical.

But it's easy to check; IL-2 online is free; and there's a multitude of servers.

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Tags
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 02:45:03 PM »
Only firendly icons would be just great

i have found this works pretty well. Takes about a week to get used too.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Tags
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 02:53:26 PM »
Not all players are in their 20s (or less -- but we'll leave the high pitched screetchers out of this).

No video monitor can capture the accuracy of real eyes, even old eyes, and the icons make up for that.

If you dont like icons, turn 'em off -- but dont take mine away.  We geezers have enough disadvantges as it is...
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad