Author Topic: lockups  (Read 1227 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
lockups
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 01:20:31 AM »
That's always an option.  Thermal paste can get old and hard over time, and no longer make for a good transfer, or  you can have air pockets if something is really warped or out of spec.  Heat sinks arent always perfectly flat.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
lockups
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 02:51:11 PM »
That MUST of been it... I've left everything on and running and no lockups since I repasted the cpu/heatsink.

Again, I appreciate your time gents... the nice side effect of all this is formating has cleaned out my system enough to run full resolution and full textures. I guess I have to look on the bright side.

Again, thanks to all who helped me :)
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
lockups
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005, 03:57:40 AM »
Delirium

I had the same problem for the last month and a half.

I thought it was the network but it started to happen offline.

It appears that it was driver related because the other day, I removed the NVIDIA drivers and Muti Res in add remove programs and rebooted the system.

I made sure that the video card was showing as default VGA and the installed the Omega NVIDIA Drivers.

It appears to have worked cause so far I have not had one lockup. and I flew for two + hours in todays FSO

The reason why I think this is the answer to your problem is that you said that you had updated your drivers and that you never get lockups in other games

I installed the Omega drivers a while back but had to uninstall them cause of the problems with the refresh rate and my monitor.
(The monitor is 13 + years old and still has a perfect pic) It was around this time that the lock ups started.

I got around the refresh rate issue this time by making sure I had removed the NVIDIA drivers first and also installing multi res which comes with the Omega drivers.

Give it a shot mate I think it will help

Later
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 04:00:34 AM by mussie »