Author Topic: Improved Animated sea  (Read 709 times)

Offline BBinder

• Zinc Member
Improved Animated sea
« on: August 15, 2005, 04:39:39 AM »
i would like to see the animated sea improved so that water runs up the beach and has the nice white wash to it :)

it also could be a little less reflective to the sun gets confusing how close you are to it in my nice dive from enemy planes

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Improved Animated sea
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 11:57:22 AM »
We'd have to get beaches first.  Right now all the shores are the same every-other-square jagged edge.
If you also had the water change to a lighter color as it neared the shore, that would make it look better also.
Watching kids play Nintendo 64 the other day, some type of fighting on an airplane that looked like it was made of concrete.....as it was cruising along, I noticed that the water and shore effects looked much more "realistic" than they do in AHII.

Although, IIRC, it sems that HT said something previously about the shores being that way now because they will be adding beaches or some type of shorline later on - but I maight be mistaken.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Improved Animated sea
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 01:15:55 PM »
They were going to add beaches but they could not get the bouncing boobies modeled right without huge framerate hits.

Offline Blixen

• Silver Member
      • http://475thfg.bravehost.com/
Improved Animated sea
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 07:31:21 PM »
if the beach has white wash and 6 footers will the surfboards be perked?:lol