Author Topic: People who have just switched countries should not be allowed to control cv  (Read 5781 times)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
People who have just switched countries should not be allowed to control cv
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2005, 11:02:57 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts

No, no one from HTC has said that LVT's should spawn on dry land, much less spawn ON a base. NOR has anyone at HTC said that what was done was NOT an exploit. IN FACT, they've already fixed part of this problem because this was being done before, and it WAS considered an exploit.

And yes, you can expect players to go 500 to 1000 yards in an LVT, I've DONE it. So much for your idea that I don't fight from or with a Task Group.

[/B]

And you couldn't be more wrong. You have NO idea what you are talking about with regards to my wishes or intentions. [/B]

The EXPLOIT was being able to resup a Port by dropping supplies in the water, NOT taking them onto the base.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2005, 11:39:28 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
The EXPLOIT was being able to resup a Port by dropping supplies in the water, NOT taking them onto the base.

Actually, the exploit has always been the almost instant resupply of Ports/Bases from the CV. Up until P47 on Trinity (fixed) and now P62 on Mindoano (not yet fixed) there was no good example of relatively instant resupply being performed not from LVT's in the water (which was fixed) , but from LVT's that never had to take the time to travel through the water at all, but instead actually spawned on dry land right at the port. The lengthy period of travel they are supposed to have over water is very slow, much much slower than over-land travel, making them very vulnerable to attack for an extended period. If they instead appear instantly on dry land at the port, they are not nearly as vulnerable and not for nearly as long, nor must they take any time at all to release their supplies as they are already close enough to the base/port upon spawning or nearly so. Clearly, this is not as was intended, LVT's are supposed to have to travel over the water, then beach, then reach the port/base over land before being able to re-supply it. The geographic anomoly of P62 being on a strange penninsula jutting out into the sea much too close to the respawning CV permitted this otherwise impermissable act.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 01:02:56 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2005, 12:06:55 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
I dont see where I specifically addressed my post to Hilts, but feel free to be snippy about it if you like.  Why not?  After all this thread was clearly about CV command and at the same time on page1 of the forum there was a duel CV issue thread but people felt the need to jump this thread and hijack it.

Who is being snippy? We all know why this thread was started, same as all the others. Ignore it if you like. Don't like the reply? Ignore it. Have a nice day.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2005, 12:11:13 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th

In this case the exploit is LVT's spawning ON DRY LAND, and in fact ON THE PORT itself. Some of those spawning LVT's ADMITTED they spawned ON THE PORT, and had to merely drop supplies and tower out. They were not TAKING supplies anywhere. They were not even moving. If they're going to spawn ON THE PORT, why not just have a "resupply port" button? Better yet, if they're going to spawn on dry land, Hell, let's just give them M-3's, M-8's, and M-16's and eliminate the LVT completely. After all, if you aren't in the water, who needs an LVT?
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2005, 11:29:21 AM »
In this case the exploit is LVT's spawning ON DRY LAND, and in fact ON THE PORT itself. Some of those spawning LVT's ADMITTED they spawned ON THE PORT, and had to merely drop supplies and tower out. They were not TAKING supplies anywhere. They were not even moving. If they're going to spawn ON THE PORT, why not just have a "resupply port" button? Better yet, if they're going to spawn on dry land, Hell, let's just give them M-3's, M-8's, and M-16's and eliminate the LVT completely. After all, if you aren't in the water, who needs an LVT?

Precisely the point...

Zazen

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2005, 01:17:52 PM »
Actually no,

Anyways thanks Arcades057, Zazen and others for hijacking this thread (see rule #2)

I guess it was too much work to start a new thread.

Originally posted by Zazen13
Precisely the point...

Zazen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2005, 01:38:33 PM »
Originally posted by jpeg
Actually no,

Anyways thanks Arcades057, Zazen and others for hijacking this thread (see rule #2)

I guess it was too much work to start a new thread.

Okay. So you posted this Monday, after the incident Sunday night, involving a person changing countries and taking control of a CV. But that incident had NOTHING at all to do with your post. If you say so. Perhaps you should have said so to begin with.

SaVaGe

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2005, 03:43:50 PM »
I never wrote that it didn't, however there is no need to hijack a thread.

In fact it would be more beneficial to put the other topic in a separate thread so it gets noticed.

Okay. So you posted this Monday, after the incident Sunday night, involving a person changing countries and taking control of a CV. But that incident had NOTHING at all to do with your post. If you say so. Perhaps you should have said so to begin with.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2005, 04:11:42 PM »
Originally posted by jpeg
I never wrote that it didn't, however there is no need to hijack a thread.

In fact it would be more beneficial to put the other topic in a separate thread so it gets noticed.

It's getting noticed here just fine. Thanks for caring though. ;)

Zazen

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2005, 09:22:26 PM »
This post stated out talking about people not being able to use rank to take control of a CV right after switching sides.
Then it diverted into rants about what caused the topic to come up this time.

I think it would be totally acceptable to reset a persons rank to 0 for at least 3 hours after they have switched sides.  Or another way to look at it; only those that have been in a country for at least 3 hours can take control of a CV based on rank.  This would be on par with people not getting perk points at reset unless they have been online and in the winning country for a period of time.

It has been said that people switch countries to balance the game when numbers are out of whack.  Rank should not be of any concern when switching for this reason.  Not having rank for 3 hours will not kill anyone if their intent is to just fly for another country.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2005, 02:52:38 AM »
I wouldn't call spawning a lvt on shore an exploit...

I'd call it lucky..... kinda like hitting planes at 3k in an osty :)