Author Topic: Enemy spawn points on the clipboard map.  (Read 836 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Enemy spawn points on the clipboard map.
« on: August 16, 2005, 06:32:18 AM »
How about disabling sight of enemy spawn points?
Ludere Vincere

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 09:57:57 AM »
That is a pretty good idea Tilt.  I love doing JABO stuff and Tank-busting, but this would make it a bit harder for spawn campers as well!! I shall still find those Tigers with my IL-2's and 110's :D

I like it!!
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 10:05:47 AM »
then how would we know if they can spawn in?

if all bases spawned to all other bases fine, but as is, it may be too diffucult to tell where enemies may be comming from.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 10:17:55 AM »
I agree do away with the spawn point markers.I dont recall hearing of those IRL.
Plus would just add to game play.I can see everyone circling their fields in a horde of il-2,a20 and such, whining all over 200 "where's the #@$#%%*&$&@ spawn at".
Would be a classic.Hmm could you inagine if they done away with gv's setting off the radar to. Might help with the horde situation .Good idea ,got my vote.

JB12

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 10:18:48 AM »
You can't tell by the spawn arrow can you? :confused:  And if you need to know if GV's are enabled just check the Strat Board.
As far a telling where they are coming from, you get guys in the air to help...  And as far as to where they are coming from, what says they are not sneeking around and flanking you... :eek:

You can't tell where and NME CV is until you "find" it by air or when it is porking your field...so whay should you know where the nme can spawn?

Just my 2 cents
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 04:36:36 PM »
Maybe a compromise would be shortening the "spawn arrows" so that you can still see if a base spawns N,S,E,W, etc. but you don't know exactly where?
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 05:40:51 PM »
Originally posted by ChristCAF
You can't tell by the spawn arrow can you? :confused:  And if you need to know if GV's are enabled just check the Strat Board.
As far a telling where they are coming from, you get guys in the air to help...  And as far as to where they are coming from, what says they are not sneeking around and flanking you... :eek:

You can't tell where and NME CV is until you "find" it by air or when it is porking your field...so whay should you know where the nme can spawn?

Just my 2 cents
my guess is you have an onboard video card, and it is not drawing the whole lines on the map.... i know some others having that same issue, all they see is the arrows.

what is really there is a full line from the base to the point. because not even all GV bases spawn to every base "nearby"

there are many situations on the maps where a GV spawn goes one way, but not the other, or a base spawns to 1 field but not another. if that was standardized, i would agree we wouldn't need them.

another issue with removing them, how do you know where you are spawning to?
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 11:19:13 PM »
I see all the arrows and I know where they are spawning too.  All he was saying be removed was the NME spawn point, so "you" can't see where the NME is spawning too...
~Oderint Dum Metuant~