Author Topic: (S)  (Read 491 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
(S)
« on: December 15, 2001, 09:10:00 PM »
To the Marines.  They have done a good job of keeping the newsweenies occupied, so the Army can get their work done. :D

Offline indian

• Copper Member
(S)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2001, 11:48:00 PM »
Easymo do you know why the marines are allways sent in from the beaches ?

So the Army can jump in behind the lines and rescue them.  :D

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
(S)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »
I've always wondered how they get those square hats down on their pointy heads...

Two Marines were off on their annual trip to the Canadian wilderness to bag a moose. As the seaplane landed on a lake in a remote area, the pilot said, "I'll be back in one week to pick you up. But only one moose, please."

When he returned to the lake, he found the Marines proudly standing beside two moose. "I told you Marines only one moose!" the furious flier screamed. "There's NO WAY the plane can take off with that much weight!"

"You're just a chicken pilot," one Marine said. "We killed two moose last year and that pilot wasn't afraid to take off."

Stung by the suggestion of cowardice, he reconsidered.

"All right, if you did it last year, I guess we can try it."

They loaded up and the pilot taxied to the far end of the lake to begin his takeoff. The plane bounced across the water as it strained to get airborne, but the overloaded aircraft finally ran out of space and crashed into the trees.

Some time later, the Marines regained consciousness. "Where are we?" one asked.

His friend looked around at the scattered debris, then back at the edge of the lake and replied, "Oh, I guess about a hundred yards farther than last year."
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
(S)
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2001, 10:01:00 AM »
Sleep tight... your Marines are on guard!

It was a dark, stormy, night in Afghanistan. The Marine was on his first overseas assignment, and it was guard duty.

A General stepped out taking his dog for a walk. The nervous young Private snapped to attention, made a perfect salute, and snapped out "Sir, Good Evening, Sir!"

The General, out for some relaxation, returned the salute and said "Good evening Marine, nice night, isn't it?"

Well it wasn't a nice night, but the Private wasn't going to disagree with the General, so the he saluted again and replied "Sir, Yes Sir!".

The General continued, "You know there's something about a stormy night that I find soothing, it's really relaxing. Don't you agree?"

The Private didn't agree, but them the private was just a private, and responded "Sir, Yes Sir!"

The General, pointing at the dog, "This is a Golden Retriever, the best type of dog to train."

The Private glanced at the dog, saluted yet again and said "Sir, Yes Sir!"

The General continued "I got this dog for my wife."

The Private simply said "Good trade Sir!"
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.