Author Topic: This is what leftists are.....  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
This is what leftists are.....
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2001, 08:30:00 PM »
Actually, according to the UN Human rights list, housing and food are human rights.  We, the U.S., helped come up with that list.

That isn't a right to own a house, but it is a right to shelter.

There are other, pragmatic reasons to provide these things without turning to UN resolutions.  From a pragmatic reasoning point of view, we provide these things so that the masses do not live in such squalor and abject poverty compared to the well off that they start a Marxist revolution.  That would be bad, but it is what happens when things get to bad for a large number of people.

I absolutely don't want a Marxist revolution.

This could be described as extortion, but it is unspoken extortion.  Teddy Roosevelt was the first to see this coming and take measures to halt it.  Some of the measure were trust busting and legalizing unions.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2001, 09:05:00 PM »
I agree that makes sense  to provide the poor with some minimum, but that does not make it a right.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2001, 10:44:00 PM »
Absolutely, but civil rights do not include the right to a job, right to welfare nor a right to a house.

Correct, it means an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY to a job, a house, or even protection under the law. This is not always the case in our society. I have experienced it first hand.

Noise must be made when the few are left behind or trod upon. I think making this noise is what liberals do best, and thank God they do.

<continues to wave the flag with his left hand>

Offline gavor

• Nickel Member
      • http://users.senet.com.au/~shanga
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2001, 11:11:00 PM »
<salutes flag with a tear in the eye and hands trembling>

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2001, 11:19:00 PM »
lol somebody discriminated against you because you're left-handed

now, who was it? little bobby johnson from the fourth grade?

:D

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2001, 08:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:

Er, sexual toys, leather whips, human 'stirrups' and the such I'd expect   ;)

LOL, not in a million. You guys got santa all wrong.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2001, 09:42:00 AM »
lol somebody discriminated against you because you're left-handed
now, who was it? little bobby johnson from the fourth grade?

Amazing how you would know that Grun. Yes it was little Bobby, may he rest in peace.

;)

I was actually referring to the mixed race children I have raised. As a white male in this country it is impossible to imagine how prejudice can affect someone.

Many times I saw my son, who is black, treated differently, not overtly, but enough to make you want to scream.

OTOH, I am glad he has his own place now (23 yrs old) and I don't have to listen to that rap crap anymore.  :D

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
"America's top military brass even contemplated causing U.S. military casualties, writing: "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba, and, "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation."
 http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/jointchiefs_010501.html

This is for all of you unquestioning flag wavers. Whenever you give up your individual sovereignty to others they’ll gladly take it. Whenever you blindly follow the ideals of others you’re a slave.

I have a strong hunch that Pearl Harbor was a setup where American lives were sacrificed in order to draw us into a world war. I also have some suspicions on the 9-11 attacks.

For instance, did you know that a former chair of AB Brown Trust, the company that sold airline stock short just a week before 9-11, is currently the number 3 man at the CIA?

It’s enough to make one wonder who the enemy really is.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »
Blur,

I support even YOUR right to free speech. No matter how (insert negative adjective of choice here) and (here) and (here) your views.

Isn't America wonderful?
<Hands blur his own flag to wave>

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2001, 10:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tah Gut:
Blur,

I support even YOUR right to free speech. No matter how (insert negative adjective of choice here) and (here) and (here) your views.

Isn't America wonderful?
<Hands blur his own flag to wave>

Yes thank God we have the right to speek the truth here and call Blur the stupid freaking idiot he is.  Though he is good for a laugh from time to time.

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
Udie, didn’t mommy and daddy teach you that if you have nothing nice to say to other folks that you should probably keep quiet? Who knows maybe they did, perhaps it’s the alcohol.

This is my biggest problem with the internet. If we were in close physical proximately I could slap the toejam out of you then weep for the violence you made me do.
 :p

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2001, 10:32:00 AM »
Udie, many many threads here after 9-11 remind me of Soviet times. And I have a strong feeling that some people say what they have to, not what they think  :( Unfortunately - my own position on this BBS is only a matter of some people's reaction on some "wrong" questions asked by people like Blur and me... /*that was supposed to be a clever sentence  ;)*/

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2001, 10:50:00 AM »
Tah; beg to differ. I wasn't a government major but I think it is our Republic that maintains law to protect the rights of the individual. While the democratic nature of our government does in fact follow the wishes of the majority.

Originally posted by Tah Gut:

The true measure of a democracy is not how well it follows the wishes of the majority, it is how well it protects the rights of the minority.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2001, 02:27:00 PM »
Iron,

Sorry if I made that statement unclear, but I think you have completely missed my point.

By "true measure" I was speaking of the measure of respect due such a democracy.

"democracy" meaning any form of government receiving its mandate to govern by the will of the populace through a vote.

Our "democracy" is in the form of a republic, but that has nothing to do with my statement.

Replace the word "democracy" with the word "republic" or "form of government" and the general meaning is the same.

The rights of those in the minority are the concern of us all. We may all one day be in that minority.

Offline gavor

• Nickel Member
      • http://users.senet.com.au/~shanga
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2001, 04:56:00 PM »
It must be wierd to live in blurs world, where entire buildings are destroyed so the government of the day can gain something. Or where the US invite the Japanese over to bomb their fleet just so they have an excuse to join the war.

Before you post these things, maybe you should think first about how stupid you will sound.