Author Topic: Twas The Night Before Ramadan......  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Twas The Night Before Ramadan......
« on: December 16, 2001, 06:30:00 PM »
Twas the Night Before Ramadan"
 by Mullah Mohammed Omar

T'was the night before Ramadan, and all through the cave
Not a creature was stirring; it felt like a grave.
The turbans were hung by the firepit with care,
In hopes that the Air Force would not soon be there.

The soldiers were restless without any beds,
While visions of air strikes flashed in their heads.
Osama in his burkha and I in my cap,
Had just settled down for a cold winter's nap,

When out on the ledge there arose such a clatter,
I grabbed my Kalashnikov to see what was the matter.
Away from the racket I ran like a girl,
Tripped over a goat; into a ball I did curl.

The moon shone down on the new-fallen snow
And lit up the valley with an ominous glow,
When, what to my one good eye should appear,
But a dozen Apaches, and tanks in the rear,

And their leader, so fearless, his troops he did push,
I knew in an instant it must be George Bush.
More rapid than eagles his forces they came,
They whistled, and shouted, and called out our names;

Now Omar! Osama! Muhammad! Abdul!
We come for you now; we've taken Kabul!
To the top of the cliffs! To the back of your caves!
When you chose this war, you dug your own graves!"

So up to the ledge his forces they flew
With full magazines, and flamethrowers too.
And then, in a twinkling, I heard with a thud
The explosions of Tomahawks; not one was a dud.

As I chambered my rifle, and was turning around,
Osama was there, disguised in a gown.
He was dressed all in drag, from his head to his toes,
And he said he would flee while I held off his foes;

A bundle of money he had stuffed in his pack,
He said "I'm going to Baghdad and I'm not looking back!"
His eyes were all glassy; he trembled with fear;
The American bombs, they rang in his ears.

He saddled his goat, then turned tail and fled,
But a Marine Corps sniper got him in the head.
I watched with cold fear as his body did slump;
The goat threw him off; he fell with a thump.

And so, there I stood, my plans all destroyed,
About to suffer a fate I could not avoid;
I dropped to my knees; asked Allah for help,
His voice boomed in my ears, "You ignorant whelp!

I gave you the Bible, the Torah and Koran,
But you were too arrogant to understand,
I told you to honor your neighbors and wives;
Not to enslave them, or degrade their lives!

You invoke My name to sanction your deeds,
But you are the last thing that this world needs.
And so, I'll send you and bin Laden to Hell."
The last words I heard, as the bombs fell,
Were from George Bush himself as he mounted the wall,
"One nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all!"

:D

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2001, 06:48:00 PM »
I dunno... I thought the Ramadan reference was pretty tasteless. Whatever.

I liked the bit about our fearless leader George Bush too  :rolleyes:.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: ispar ]

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2001, 07:00:00 PM »
Well the Muslim extremists that helped orchastrate the Sept 11th atrocity did'nt spare much thought for the Western way of life so I'll let Maverick have his moment of Patriotic poetry would have been nice however if he would have mentioned the British SAS who are there in the frontline just as much as out American brothers..how about another verse Mav?  :)

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2001, 07:09:00 PM »
Well, hey, I'm not telling him how evil and insensitive he is. Just making a note of a reaction on my part. I'll grant that it's clever.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2001, 08:40:00 PM »
Funny, Mav... literally laughed out loud.

Loved the tie in to Ramada and the heroic depiction of GB.

Mailed it around to everyone I could think of.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2001, 10:21:00 PM »
very clever indeed  :D  9.99999/10 stars, nothing is perfect  :D

thx mav =]

oct out!
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2001, 10:46:00 PM »
very funny indeed.

now boil it for 2-3 hours until all flavor and anything that could possibly offend a delicate PC drone is gone and it'll be perfect.

retitle it something like: "twas the night before a non-religious, non-ethnic, alternative lifestyle recognizing and womyn empowering holiday celebration period"

"the americans came and asked us nicely to surrender - and sensing that they truly understood our feelings and wanted a mutually respectful dialog, we walked over, hugged them and said we were sorry"   :rolleyes:

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2001, 11:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by mrfish:
very funny indeed.

now boil it for 2-3 hours until all flavor and anything that could possibly offend a delicate PC drone is gone and it'll be perfect.

retitle it something like: "twas the night before a non-religious, non-ethnic, alternative lifestyle recognizing and womyn empowering holiday celebration period"

"the americans came and asked us nicely to surrender - and sensing that they truly understood our feelings and wanted a mutually respectful dialog, we walked over, hugged them and said we were sorry"    :rolleyes:

Hehe, now that I enjoyed  :D. 'Tis the season... sigh, not much is sillier than holiday PCness, even as PCness goes.

Oh, and Toad... yer gonna need a better disguised hook there.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2001, 05:06:00 AM »
ROFL!

Maverick, did you make this, or where did ya get it from?

I've got a gang of friends, with some of 'um being literature majors, and when we get drunk and there ain't no chicks around, we make stuff like this on the fly.

Also make it when not drunk. It's my mushy side, I suspect.

Most excellent stuff! 9 outta 10 (1 star removed for the Bush hero reference)  :D.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2001, 06:37:00 AM »
I wasn't fishing for Wargaming Quakers. I haven't seen any caught on this board that would make the legal length anyway.

I think it IS funny... but then I don't suffer from PC straightjacketitis.

It's timely and "in the season".

Further, can you imagine the lip-biter in this role? Rousing the nation to arms... while having an intern unzip him under the podium? <BARF>

All in all, thanks a bunch for passing it on Mav!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2001, 09:51:00 AM »
Amusing.

A bit off color, but amusing.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2001, 09:55:00 AM »
Clever little ditty, we should translate it.

I’m sure these folks would laugh their tulips off.
 http://www.zmag.org/herold.htm

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
Well, we could translate these as well...

MASSACRE IN YAKAOLANG, JANUARY 2001

"A witness who visited Yakaolang district four weeks after the incident inspected one of the mass graves at Bed Mushkin village, in which twenty-six bodies had been found. One of the bodies was that of a seventeen-year-old boy, Mir Ali, much of whose skin had been removed either prior to or after his death."

MASSACRE AT ROBATAK PASS, MAY 2000

"In May 2000, Taliban forces summarily executed a group of civilian detainees near the Robatak pass, which lies along the road connecting the towns of Tashkurgan and Pul-i Khumri. Until a systematic forensic investigation is carried out, the precise number of those killed cannot be known, but Human Rights Watch has obtained confirmation of thirty-one bodies at the execution site, twenty-six of which have been identified as the bodies of Ismaili Shia Hazara civilians from Baghlan province. "

Fact Sheet: The Taliban's Betrayal of the Afghan People

"The Taliban have massacred hundreds of Afghan civilians, including women and children, in Yakaolang, Mazar-I-Sharif, Bamiyan, Qezelabad, and other towns. Many of the victims of these massacres were targeted because of their ethnic or religious identity."

More than 300 civilians massacred in Afghanistan:

"The ruling Taliban militia has massacred
more than 320 civilians in central Afghanistan over the past nine months, in a bid to scare the local population away from supporting an opposition alliance, according to a new report made public Monday.

The documents, compiled by the organization Human Rights Watch, described in graphic detail the killings of about 300 ethnic Hazara, a Shia Muslim group, in the district of Yakaolang, in Bamiyan province, early last month."

UN Report Details Taliban Massacres

"Friday, November 6, 1998; 3:43 a.m.

EST UNITED NATIONS (AP) -- Between 4,000 and 5,000 people, many of them minorities, women and children, were killed after Afghanistan's Taliban warriors took over a northern city, according to a U.N. report."

AFGHANISTAN: The Human Rights of Minorities

"In September 1997, about 70 civilians, including women and children, were
deliberately and arbitrarily killed in Qezelabad village near Mazar-e Sharif. Survivors said the massacre was carried out by Taleban guards
retreating from positions they had captured in the area, but Taleban officials denied responsibility for the killing. All of the victims reportedly belonged to the Hazara minority.

Among the victims was a boy aged about eight who was reportedly killed and decapitated; other victims reportedly had their eyes gouged out with bayonets. Two boys aged about 12 were reportedly held by the guards and had their arms and hands broken with stones."

THE MASSACRE IN MAZAR-I SHARIF

"...Within the first few hours of seizing control of the city, Taliban troops killed scores of civilians in indiscriminate attacks, shooting noncombatants and suspected combatants alike in residential areas, city street sand markets. Witnesses described it as a "killing frenzy" as the advancing forces shot at "anything that moved." ...

In the absence of a full-scale investigation, there is no way to know precisely how many were killed in the weeks following the fall of Mazar to the Taliban. Based on interviews with survivors and other informed sources, Human Rights Watch believes that at least 2,000 may have been killed in the city and possibly many more. Many civilians were also killed in aerial bombardments and rocket attacks as they fled south of the city toward the Alborz mountains.

Human Rights Watch is also concerned by persistent reports that women and girls, particularly in certain Hazara neighborhoods of Mazar-i Sharif, were raped and abducted during the Taliban takeover of the city."

Well, there's just a few of what's out there.

What do you think Blur? Translate these and send them on as well?

..oh..no.. silly me.. the average Afghan civilian ALREADY knows about the Taliban massacres most likely.... and they way they treat women.

I wonder if any average Afghans are actually relieved that the Taliban are no longer in power?

...oh, wait... numerous reports are coming in that the average Afghan isn't too unhappy to see the Mullah Omar crowd out of power.

Still, maybe Blur could have persuaded Omar and the gang to change their ways or just leave Afghanistan peacefully.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Toad ]

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2001, 12:10:00 PM »
Hey, guys - Mav posted a funny verse.

Could you hold your politics for one damn minute and just enjoy some low-brow humor?
 Blur, I bet you are still doing fun stuff in your life despite common occurence of atrocities elsewhere in the world.

miko

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2001, 03:35:00 PM »
All,

FYI the poem is not mine. I wish I could lay claim to it but I can't It was sent to me by a buddy and I figured you would like to enjoy it as well.

As to the "PC" issue. I didn't find Sept. 11th to be very PC at all. I'm sure there are folks who did enjoy it but their opinions do not matter to me. The same goes for anything from blur. His feelings of hatred and contempt towards his country are only matched by his inability to leave it.

To paraphrase a TV dialogue line, I "see" his words but they are only meaningless noises.

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown