Author Topic: Tracers:  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Tracers:
« on: August 13, 2005, 03:54:13 PM »
I would like to request the ability to turn tracers on  while in vehicles but to have them set to off when in flight.I keep them turned off all the time but when I up a flak to defend a base,I have to remember to turn them back on.I have no idea as to the complexity of how this would be acheived but would appreciate the consideration of adding this feature to the game.

Thanks,

JB12

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
Tracers:
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 08:54:58 AM »
Was just about to post on this, glad i read this one first.  I dont know whats worse, squeezing the trigger in my flak and not having them there(dont use that worthless sight).  Or squeezing the trigger in my 109 and having them on.  Its a PITA changing back and forth constantly, maybe have it be a hangar option for each individual AC/GV.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Tracers:
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 11:54:09 AM »
Good idear J to the B 12!@$#!#!#@!#
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Tracers:
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »
Great Idea!
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Tracers:
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 06:03:45 PM »
Seperate settings for both? :aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Azul32

• Zinc Member
Tracers:
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 12:08:37 AM »
I agree with this idea tottally:aok
I just upped a flak and when i hit the trigger it was like f**K ...no tracers. A flak is worthless without tracers IMO.
It shouldnt be to hard to do just have tracers for gvs and tracers for planes....problem solved.
This is a idea that really needs to be looked at by HTC

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Tracers:
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 01:01:34 AM »
How about red or green tracers when you are down to your last 50 rounds in a .50 cal gun for planes?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Tracers:
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 01:02:46 AM »
Raptor, that lets the enemy know when you're out of ammo, too, and for the same reason real pilots stopped their guns from having those "last rounds" tracers.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Tracers:
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 01:17:03 AM »
but they're pretty:)
I've managed to get 2 kills with 38 rounds left against an F4U and A6M (with 12 rounds to spare). So if someone running sees those colored tracers, it might encourage them to turn and let me kill em before I rtb. If it were optional I would use em, not to remind me how much ammo I have left, I am usually pretty good about that.

Offline Azul32

• Zinc Member
Tracers:
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 10:31:43 AM »
Well was just in the game, seen a lone spit and snuck up on him.I am thinking hehe easy kill. I get within 300 yds coming pretty fast, I pull the trigger and tracers are flying all around the guy. Needless to say the spit ended up getting on my 6 just because I forgot to turn my tracers off.
We need tobe able to pick between tracers on planes and gvs. Its a PITA trying to remember to turn them back on and off.:mad:

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Tracers:
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 08:24:08 AM »
punt:

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
Tracers:
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 02:03:32 PM »
how about color of tracer same as the respective country used???
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance