Author Topic: Anyone wanna bet....  (Read 666 times)

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Anyone wanna bet....
« on: December 08, 2000, 07:08:00 AM »
That the Floriduh Supreme Court shows it's biased again?
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Anyone wanna bet....
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »
Biased.  Wrong word.  Correct word:corrupt.

All these robed hacks will do is keep this thing going    Dems are in the process of doing the scorched earth policy before GW takes office.  Billy boy is writing executive orders right and left.  It will prolly take 2 or 3 years to sort all the damage he is doing with his executive orders.

In the meantime Algore is upsetting and destroying the election process.  We will see election after election going to the courts in the future.  Elections from dog catcher to Pres will be settled in the courts  

Liberal Democrats are undermining just about everything I thought this nation stood for and I am very alarmed that so many are willing to follow them and keep them in power with no chance to resolve the problems.

I am really alarmed that only 50% even voted and have allowed Libs to stay in power and govern against the majority.

Ya gotta hand it to the Libs though they know how to manipulate the great unwashed!!  

[This message has been edited by 1776 (edited 12-08-2000).]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Anyone wanna bet....
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2000, 09:19:00 AM »
The US Constitution requires that the state legislature appoint the electoral voters in the event that the state cannot meet its obligation to do so on or before December 12.

Clearly, and in spite of the ashamed ignorance of the average American, G.W. Bush will be the duly elected President of the United States, being determined in the final hours by the duly elected representatives of the people of Florida.  The constitution clearly provides this ultimate responsibility to the legislature and not the judiciary!
The judicial proceedings have tainted this election.  Any swinging dick worth the salt on his balls knows this to be the case.  Either party would pursue this constitutional outcome if it were in their interest so just live with it!

Long live the Republic!

Yeager

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 12-08-2000).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Anyone wanna bet....
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2000, 09:23:00 AM »
Heheh you guys are so biased it's almost funny.

You should be Germans, really.  .

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
while(!bishRookQueue.isEmpty() && loggedOn()){
30mmDeathDIEDIEDIE(bishRookQueue.removeFront());
System.out.println("LW pilots are superior");
myPlane.performVictoryRoll();
}

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Anyone wanna bet....
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2000, 09:29:00 AM »

Originally posted by StSanta:
Heheh you guys are so biased it's almost funny.

You should be Germans, really.    .

Not our fault, the last 30 years of the "New Democratic Party" has made us that way.  Think of it in a democratic viewpoint, "We;re Victims".  

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 12-08-2000).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Anyone wanna bet....
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2000, 09:48:00 AM »

You should be Germans, really.

Would you like us then?  

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Anyone wanna bet....
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2000, 09:55:00 AM »
Nah, if we were Germans we'd be marching...well, strolling unopposed....into Denmark to take over the place for the Ham, Cheese and beer supplies.  

Instead, we're arguing amongst ourselves over which political midget gets to sit in the Oval Office for the next 4 years till we
boot him out for some other political midget.

Now you boys behave, I'm off to the wild prairie to hunt down Bambi and turn him into "medallions of venison aux chanterelles avec vin rouge". In other words, I'm going to be doing much more important stuff than worrying over which clown gets his circus a booking date on Pennsylvania avenue.

Hey, F4...keep yer head down. Never know when a stray blackpowder musketball from Kansas is going to re-enter the atmosphere and take out all of New Jersey!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Anyone wanna bet....
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2000, 10:32:00 AM »
Have a good Hunt, Toad!  (And make some Meat sticks up, send it to me!)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Anyone wanna bet....
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2000, 11:29:00 AM »
 Two words. Judge Saul. There are some conservative Dem,s out there. This Guy impressed the hell out of me. I would trade 2 gores and a Bush for this guy.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Anyone wanna bet....
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2000, 11:56:00 AM »
Ditto, Easymoe.  Fatty and I were talking about that yesterday.  I thought Saul's ruling was the first logical, fair and well thought out action by anyone involved in this mess.  Most everyone else appears to be partisan or playing hot-potato.  I hope the Florida Supreme Court doesn't screw the pooch and overturn his ruling.

If I was a Bush supporter, I doubt I'd be wishing for the Florida legislature to step in and appoint electors.  Such action, if Gore were to win the Florida popular vote because it was deemed that those absentee votes were illegal and not to be counted, would likely turn most of the non-partisan public against you.  You'd win the battle (this presidency), but probably lose many more down the road due to backlash.  You've already almost lost control of congress.  It wouldn't take much disappointment on the public's part to give it to the Dem's in the next election.

Right now the Dem's are in that position.  Regardless of what you personally think of Clinton, its a fact that most of America felt he was subjected to undue scrutiny and persecution.  Don't argue whether it was warranted or not, that isn't the point.  The point is that with their actions in this election, the Dem's have squandered whatever public sympathy they had relating to the Republican's 8 years of attacks on Clinton.  The Rep's are preparing to hand that public sympathy right back to them.

Gordo

[This message has been edited by Lance (edited 12-08-2000).]

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Anyone wanna bet....
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2000, 07:20:00 PM »
Damn I wished someone would have bet me.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

LJK Raubvogel

Anyone wanna bet....
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2000, 07:21:00 PM »
LOL  

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps