Author Topic: The Republican Party  (Read 3072 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The Republican Party
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2005, 09:08:30 AM »
well... it was 1989... doesn't seem that long ago to me but...

Bush senior banned imported surplus fireams that were semi autos.  A huge step backwards for gun owners.  

lazs

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
The Republican Party
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2005, 09:43:21 AM »
'Course, to hear the winner of that election say it,

"IT (was) THE ECONOMY, STUPID!!"

That's what the apparently anti-gun democrats thought, so I'd have a ahrd time buying that Bush lost due to the gun issue.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
The Republican Party
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2005, 11:16:31 AM »
It might not seem that long ago to you, but I was only 4.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The Republican Party
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2005, 11:40:52 AM »
simaril.... It may well have had something to do with the economy but... Presidents get re elected in a bad economy..

think of this... Bush senior lost anywhere from 2, to howevermany (as many as 10 million)million votes due to his gaff/power grab on guns...

Now, let's say that he would have just admitted that it was a mistake and that he was wrong and that he had felt that taking away our rights was the best way to curb crime and that now he relaized that none of that was true and that he would work to restore our rights...

he would have picked up millions of votes that he lost.   He would not have affected those who were going to vote for him anyway and.... he certainly would not have lost any votes from the gun confiscator crowd he would never vote for him under any circustances.

both parties fear an armed citizenry... It is just that the republicans aren't racing toward confiscation as rapidly as the democrats.

lazs