Author Topic: Get rid of the uber radar  (Read 711 times)

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Get rid of the uber radar
« on: August 24, 2005, 10:39:13 AM »
Limit the radar in game to only include those coming from bases.  The uber radar (world-wide-eye-in-the-sky) should be done away with.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
Re: Get rid of the uber radar
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 10:55:34 AM »
Originally posted by Blammo
Limit the radar in game to only include those coming from bases.  The uber radar (world-wide-eye-in-the-sky) should be done away with.

Could you expand a little on this one Blammo? as everyone starts from a base.
BTW - to save time & cos I'm an idle g*t your ideas re fuel & terrain radar are sound. :)
Whisky

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 11:04:32 AM »
Sorry, I was not clear.

Right now in AH there is a world's eye view radar that allows people to see beyond the range of base radar.  What I am suggesting is that we limit the radar in game to only base radar.

Which gives me another idea:  radar bases.  These bases would not have anything really at them other than a radar tower and some flak to defend.  There purpose would not be to produce radar, but to serve the same purpose as the world-wide uber radar does now.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:49:59 AM »
I kinda like the idea. Would make things more interesting. I think though this is one of those sacrifices that's made to make the game more playable for the less hardcore fan base though.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 12:35:43 PM »
Make the game harder. Where does it end?

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 01:07:53 PM »
Originally posted by Blammo
Sorry, I was not clear.

Right now in AH there is a world's eye view radar that allows people to see beyond the range of base radar.  What I am suggesting is that we limit the radar in game to only base radar.

Yup, I see what you mean - thanks Blammo.  Certainly spice things up a bit imo.  What about numbers bars? - leave them be?
Whisky

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 05:42:22 PM »
Originally posted by Whisky58
Yup, I see what you mean - thanks Blammo.  Certainly spice things up a bit imo.  What about numbers bars? - leave them be?

Yeah, I think the Dar Bars are fine.  Otherwise, people would be hard pressed to find each other.  The Dar Bars don't give exact representation, but at least it would give an idea to defenders.  I think you would end up with more people having to work together and provided intel about the overall map situation.

Anyway, just my thoughts...