Author Topic: Dont move your controls so rapidly  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Re: I have...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 04:22:28 PM »
Originally posted by 2Hawks
I have successfully Jinked on more than one occasion, and the FIght is never over until you are dead. Giving up because someone is 'saddled up' will make you dead.

Pilots had seat bealts and helmets. What you said about head injury might be true of todays airliners. makes me feel sorry for any poor sap who finds himself in a 737 in which the captain devoutly believes has a bandit on his six...

Dan.

One of the leading causes of death in automobile accidents is having the brains slammed against the inside of the skull during sudden deceleration. Even with seat belts and air-bags. The same hold true of a radically maneuvering aircraft. The g-forces would slam you brains against the inside of your skull helmet or not.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Dont move your controls so rapidly
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 09:22:57 PM »
The reasons it should not be removed have been sited, but I and likely others who have owned discount sticks see room for improvment.  It could be more forgiving with pot spiking, and there is no reason for rudder inputs to be monitored for rapid movement.  When I was using saitek often got it trying to shoot at a flopping fish in front of me, or trying to rudder a snap shot.  Neither of which is stick stirring or violent maneuvering.

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
Dont move your controls so rapidly
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005, 10:05:27 PM »
Originally posted by Murdr
The reasons it should not be removed have been sited, but I and likely others who have owned discount sticks see room for improvment.  It could be more forgiving with pot spiking, and there is no reason for rudder inputs to be monitored for rapid movement.  When I was using saitek often got it trying to shoot at a flopping fish in front of me, or trying to rudder a snap shot.  Neither of which is stick stirring or violent maneuvering.

Agreed. Now that you mention it, I has the problems most when using cheap sticks. Most notably, the Elevator axis would spike while pulling up from a dive. Even with the netcode preventing that kind of thing I lost my wings.

I am not debating WHY the NEtcode is there, and I am not suggesting we remove it. Just pointing out it has flaws which make that code less than optimal. But that could be said for all of AH2 depending on who you talk to. ;)

Dan.