Author Topic: MP3 player / radio  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
MP3 player / radio
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 12:18:40 AM »
Functionality... there's more to QCD than WinAmp 2. ;)
sand

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
MP3 player / radio
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005, 06:27:12 AM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
Mine was as simple as installing the software(logitech) that came with it. After that I just open my player, then the game and it works fine. I think the main thing is installing the software. The only time it doesn't work is if I have 2 programs that use play, pause, etc. Then, only the program on top will work.

Well, mine came with a prebuilt Compaq; the don't give any software disks out. Was hoping to find drivers, but that's a really broad search.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
MP3 player / radio
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005, 06:48:33 AM »
All I do is plug my xm radio into my aux port and I can listen to whatever music I want (mostly 40's music while in AH) on and offline.

From what I know, all sound cards have this port... most only allow you record from one at a time tho, but you won't need to record anything but the mic for use with vox.

Why not use your own personal mp3 players?

edit: This method uses alot less resources than winamp or an AH based mp3 player would ever use as well.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
MP3 player / radio
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2005, 07:51:59 AM »
Originally posted by Delirium

Because that costs money. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
MP3 player / radio
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2005, 01:22:20 PM »

edit: This method uses alot less resources than winamp or an AH based mp3 player would ever use as well. [/B]

You buying? I'll take one that plays Windows Media, i.e no Applecrap.

I'll even let you pay for shipping.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
MP3 player / radio
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 03:34:02 PM »
Sure... send me your address and you'll get a free 256 meg mp3 player. Be sure to include a a cashier's check of $800 for shipping and handling..

:D
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
MP3 player / radio
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2005, 02:39:44 AM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
The nice thing about my setup is my I can control my player with my keyboard while still in AH. So basically it's like an ingame player. If I want to pause, I hit pause on keyboard and it pauses:D

After reading this I picked up a $5 keyboard at Big Lots, it has all those wazoo buttons I've always ignored... but damm if the play buttons don't work out freaking fantastic with AH.

No more Ctrl+esc to mess with whats playing, play, stop, vol, next... all that 'fece'.

Good call, I'll buy you a beer unless you're one of those dudes I wanna smack... heh