Author Topic: Fuel  (Read 949 times)

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Fuel
« on: August 24, 2005, 10:45:10 AM »
Set the fuel burn multiplier down to 1 (or at least 1.5) and then set fuel porkage back to the old method (100%, 75%, 50%, 25%).  Before I get pounded by the "you just want to stop the fight" crowd, with the fuel burn mutliplier set lower, the fuel situation would not be critical until it got below 50% (with a 1 x multiplier).  The purpose is to increase the number of worthwhile targets at a base and allow aircraft to patrol at longer ranges.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
Fuel
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 06:40:15 PM »
yes yes yes bring back 1.0 burn rate.and ability to pork fuel to 25 % :D

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Fuel
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 07:11:12 PM »
If this is done I'd like the fuel tank hardness upped. I can just see that lone typh dweeb doing the 3 feild marathon porking fuel for no other reason than to stop a fight and win the war! I think that's one of the major reasons it as done away with in the 1st place.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Fuel
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 07:24:27 PM »
IIRC, the AHI fuel burn rate in the MA was 1.5 then switched to 2.0 in AHII.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Fuel
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 07:27:07 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
If this is done I'd like the fuel tank hardness upped. I can just see that lone typh dweeb doing the 3 feild marathon porking fuel for no other reason than to stop a fight and win the war! I think that's one of the major reasons it as done away with in the 1st place.

Yeah, I agree.  I mean, I know it is just a bunch of fuel tanks, but I would like to see them be a little harder.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Fuel
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 02:18:04 AM »
Yes I also think we should be able to kill fuel to at least 50%, and I have no problem with the fuel being hardened. Make it so it takes bombers to take out the fuel or a good jabo mission needs to be made in order to have enough hitting power to kill them. Heck make more tanks spread around the base for all I care but it is just silly to have stratigic targets sitting there and it does next to no good to kill them. Not to mention the big fuel factoies sitting around the map that are now good for nothing other than padding your attack/bomber score.

On a side note why was it made so that you could no longer partially kill dar at the HQ???  I never understood this I think when HT fixed this They did it backwards. The problem that I saw was that the nmy could damage it and you couldnt fix it untill it was compleatly destroyed. How come It couldn't be worked out so we could fix the partially damaged HQ?     Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread I just got on a roll. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Fuel
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 02:35:39 PM »
i still like the idea i posted back here:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88013&highlight=fuel

snippet of idea:
Base A52 is a medium field with 12 fuel depots

12 fuel depots = 1200 lbs. of fuel available.

P51 carries 700 lbs of fuel

Bf 109 e4 carries 300 lbs. fuel

Lancaster carries 1200 lbs. of fuel

10 fuel depots are destroyed by the enemy.

now A52 has 200 lbs of fuel available.

P51 can take off with about 33% fuel

Bf 109 e4 can take off with about 75% fuel

lancaster can take off with about 10% fuel

for this to work the model of fuel choices in the hangar would need to be revised. at this medium field you would need 12 options of 100 lbs. of fuel each = 1200 lbs fuel
-or-
each plane have a 50 lbs increment drop down list for how much fuel to take.

Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Fuel
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 02:56:58 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
IIRC,

What does that mean??
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Fuel
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 03:03:36 PM »
If I Recall Correctly
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
IIRC
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 03:06:08 PM »
If
I
Remember
Correctly

IIRC  :D

Bronk
See Rule #4