Author Topic: FINALLY - a great fight  (Read 331 times)

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
FINALLY - a great fight
« on: August 26, 2005, 10:01:37 AM »
A big to Swift (if ya read these boards) :D

I had a pair of great 1 VS 1 fights last night.  Swift in a 109G10 me in a C205.  Both fights started at 14-16K and ended up on the deck and lasted what seemed like FOREVER.  Both of us flying totally in the vertical and neither one of us getting good enough angles for a shot.  Best part, NO HO's...  couple of front quarter shot attempts but no deparate face shoot and run tactics.

Swift got me on the first engagement.  La7 joined him just as we got to deck level, which seriously complicated things, but I think he would have got me regardless.  I was out of speed, out of wep and out of air (at 25-50 feet), and bloody near outta gas  :D

Second time around same thing.  Started at 14-15K or so and ended up on the deck.  I pooched a hi-yoyo at about 6K and stalled out.  Figgured he had me for sure then, but my luck held out.  At about 50 feet ASL, and about 100 yards, I got a shot on Swift's left wing and took some parts off.  He did a nice chop throttle move to force the overshoot.  I went up, rolled back over dropped back down on his six and payed him back for the first engagement.  :D :D

To the rook (sorry I didn't catch the name I was pretty busy) who ASKED first if I needed help, then respectfully disengaged when I said no.....   THANK YOU!!  Good 1 vs 1 fights don't come along often.

To SWIFT,  to bad you fly for the "other side"  I'd wing with ya any day.  If you happen to have filmed those fights last night, post here and I'll get you an email address.  I would love to have them.  In my infinite wisdom, I forgot to turn on the camera.  

Fights like this make it all worth it.  The HO'ing, hordes etc....  :D.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
FINALLY - a great fight
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 12:35:17 PM »
Wow, sounds like you had a fight I have regularly in the Combat Theatre on a daily basis, especially if storch or N7 is around

Glad to see engagements like this still happen in the MA.:aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
FINALLY - a great fight
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:57:41 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork

Glad to see engagements like this still happen in the MA.:aok

They do, regularly, about once per tour for me.

I thought I found one last night when a low La7 decided to turn with my 51D in stead of run, but then his buddies showed up....sigh.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
FINALLY - a great fight
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »
Sounds like it was a lot of fun.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
FINALLY - a great fight
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 01:21:09 PM »
I don't mind being outnumbered, as long as I get a few or all of them.:D
I will only get mad if there is a good pilot in the group that kills me right away denying me of any kills before I die.
Time's fun when you're having flies.