Author Topic: Killing bombers examples  (Read 299 times)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Killing bombers examples
« on: August 26, 2005, 01:10:08 PM »
it got kind of burried in that other thread, so i thought i'd start a thread where people could post films of killing bombers

here's some films from last night...

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/180_1125019173_bomberkilling.zip

now first off, these are my examples, and i am not a great pilot and all, but you will get the idea. also these are NOT what you'd call "elite" bomber gunners (sorry to those in film)

films:

"b24 01" is a textbook JB73 / Mustaine bomber attack. i hate to give out my secrets for free LOL, but the evade after the pass is really important.

"lanc 01" starts out ok, again in a favorable position to kill off the bat, but not only do i get greedy on the last bomber, i get sloppy, and get hit and lose a gun. i was worried the friendly la7 would come in and "steal" the last bomber, so i hurried in my setup and came in from dead 6. partially i did it because it was a lanc, and they dont have lazers for guns :lol  second to teach a lesson in these films. i figure i am a piss-poor gunner, and the time it takes me in the dead 6 to kill this guy is an eternity for a tailgunner to rip me to shreds.

"b24 02" is exactly what some here are asking about. you are in a POOR position to start with for an attack, but want the kills before another friendly takes them. part of how you "in" with a bomber is what he is doing. this guy was in F3 externally probably,. lining up for his divebomb of the city. thats why i risked it and attacked low 6 for a split second at the end. this is a prime example of how to "wait" for the opprotune time to hit a bomber in AH

now not once in these films did i take the time to go totally HO on the attacks... there are nuances to every attack. depending on the first engagement i may change my tactics at will. take 999000 for example. i will extend a HELLA lot further before re-engage and a HELLA lot higher.

i basically treat every bomber like him or tatertot until i see different from that first engagement

hope those teach something
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Quoting Mustaine
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 01:34:45 PM »
" take 999000 for example. i will extend a HELLA lot further before re-engage and a HELLA lot higher.

i basically treat every bomber like him or tatertot until i see different from that first engagement". I went through a spell where every bomber WAS 999000 or Tatertot. Now I don't care if it's on fire and missing a wing tip- B17s are off my diet:D
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
Killing bombers examples
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 01:57:50 PM »
Nice films mustaine  :aok
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME